Zone Installation Specialist - DXR/IGT (Southern MD/VA area)
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Zone Installation Specialist - DXR/IGT (Southern MD/VA area)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or
remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information
about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will
provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Healthcare as a Zone Installation Specialist (East
Zone) where you will WOW our customers by using your strong
technical skills in providing the best in class install and
You are responsible for
- Work to learn installation process and establish rapport with
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to
customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and
equipment issues, with assistance as needed.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and resolve customer
issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer
entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and
arrival times. Begins to gain understanding of customer's business
and competitive environment.
- Adopts best practices.
- Schedules own activities & makes him/herself available to
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity
(i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities,
learns new tools).
- Actively participates as a member of installation work team.
May be asked to participate in other work teams to provide service
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal
regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality,
and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with
established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time,
parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration,
purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips
and regulatory timeframes, which may include timesheets, service
work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative
maintenance, installation documents, site and service
documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality.
May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple
modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current
industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training
- With some assistance, resolve equipment and customer
- May be asked to complete PMs and FCOs, within the modality for
which they are qualified.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of electronic, network,
and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
- Utilize tools, support, resources and escalation processes
within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems
timely and effectively.
You are a part of
The East Zone Installation Specialist team supporting the
Imaging Field Service organization. You'll benefit from the team's
growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services
portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation
through top customer experience ratings. In a 'One Team' culture,
you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of
multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of
making the world healthier and more sustainable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of computers and networking.
- Strong computer skills utilizing the MS Office suite of
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record
that is in compliance with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking
theory to diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use
of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of
mechanical and electrical theory preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of
employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment, to
achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex,
fast pace environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks
according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of
education and experience in the electronics industry, preferably in
a field service environment.
- Prefer BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Travel can be up to 100% via car and/or plane. May include
weekend stays and occasional international travel.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment, in finished
and unfinished exam rooms, and remotely from home office
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical,
radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of
the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high
magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and
radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site
safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
- This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, medical test equipment.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and
being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled
- Occasional sitting, climbing stairs, stooping, kneeling, and
- Continuous standing and walking.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, twisting, balancing, reaching,
grasping, repetitive hand movements, and extended reach.
- Continuous lifting and carrying up to 20lbs.
- Occasional lifting of 20lbs to 100lbs, carrying of 20lbs to
- Rarely required to lift or carry over 100lbs. Would use
specialized equipment to assist in lifting and carrying anything
over 100 lbs.
- Frequently works from ladders or scaffolding.
- Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Continuous standing, walking, speaking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including,
but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses,
hard hat, hard toed shoes, and gloves.
In return, we offer you
A stepping-stone into an organization where you will gain the
right tools and training to successfully grow your career here at
Philips. You will be part of the zone installation team and will
have a direct impact on putting products out there in the market
that is changing and improving the lives of millions of people
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create
a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3
billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the
health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected
moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful
ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a
personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career
website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once
there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find
answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military
status or a person's relationship or association with a protected
veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or
domestic partner status, or any other category protected by
federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I
of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password
button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Keywords: Philips, Allentown , Zone Installation Specialist - DXR/IGT (Southern MD/VA area), Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!