Working Location: Pennsylvania, Allentown
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Tech Support Engineer maintains responsibility for all
facets of providing centralized Technical Customer support
concerning all Medical equipment. This includes support of
electronic, video, personal computer and network products to
Olympus customers, Sales Representatives, Field Service Engineers
(FSEs), andother related departments.
- Answer inbound customer calls: make outbound calls as
- Investigate and resolve issues problems concerning all Medical
products and update incident tickets and enter information in
department database to permit generation of accurate reports
regarding frequency of incidents and costs of repairs.
- Provide nationwide technical support to the Field Service
Engineers Sales Representatives and Customers.
- Provide 24 7 technical support on a rotating basis as
- Prepare and disseminate technical material to the Field Service
Engineers sales force and customer base.
- Provide information to Technical Writers in order to enable
them to generate procedure and user documents.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot the entire range of company
electronic video and computer related products in response to
customer calls faxes or e-mails.
- Dispatch Field Service Engineers to customers for on site
repair as needed after determining the nature of the problem and
probable extent of repairs.
- Prepare and maintain technical manuals reports documentation
and other related materials for the assigned product.
- Update incident tickets and enter information in department
database to permit generation of accurate reports regarding
frequency of incidents and costs of repairs.
- Submit activity reports daily and monthly logs. Maintain the
test equipment rack make necessary repairs or replace test
equipment to replicate customer conditions.
- Add new product equipment to the rack Provide supplemental
field support as required.
- Train Field Service Engineers and Technical Service Engineers
on product maintenance and support.
- Develop new product testing time line and oversee its
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a related field (electronic or mechanical
technology, or computer science).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience OR a Certificate in a related
field (electronic or mechanical technology, or computer science
equivalent experience) and two years experience repairing and or
trouble shooting electrical or electromechanical equipment.
- Experience answering inbound technical support customer calls a
- Biomedical experience a plus.
- Individual must possess a high degree of self
reliance,initiative and creativity.
- Individual must be able to work independently.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
OlympusTrue To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Pennsylvania (US-PA) ||
Center Valley ||