Enivronmental Services Aide
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: May 5, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care. The Environmental
Services Aide performs the general and aseptic cleaning and
sanitizing of patient rooms, auxiliary room and other specified
areas throughout the hospital, using proper cleaning guidelines and
procedures. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses appropriate cleaning supplies and chemical according to
- Cleans and prepares patient rooms, beds, stretchers, other
assigned areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scrubs, mops, and buffs floor.
- Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Cleans glass interior windows, woodwork, toilets, washrooms,
- Cleans sinks in kitchen and cleans tables and dining area.
- Removes trash from areas to designated trash stations.
- Uses safe and proper cleaning procedures.
- Ability to follow all applicable schedules, sanitation and
- Attends 85% of Environmental Services Department monthly staff
- Maintains assigned area in a neat, clean and sanitary
condition. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Walks for up to 6-7
hours/day; 1 to 4 hours at a time. Stands for 1-2 hours/day; 0 to 1
hours at a time. Occasional firm grasping. Occasional lifting up to
50 lbs. Occasionally carries up to 50 lbs. Frequent pushing and
pulling up to 50 lbs. Occasionally stoop, bend, squat and kneel.
Occasional crouching. Frequently reaches above shoulder level.
Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and seeing as it
relates to general and near vision. EDUCATION: High school diploma
or G.E.D. equivalency preferred. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Three to
six months of experience in housekeeping in either a hospital or
institutional setting preferred. Please complete your application
using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to
include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including
your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a
current resume, including all work history, education, and/or
certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly
recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of
submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Enivronmental Services Aide, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!