Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track
record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser
focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our
customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering
our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to
environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other
companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span
of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to
experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our
career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and
be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a (Contract) Pipeline
System Controller I with strong MS Office computer skills,
knowledge in basic accounting or inventory functions, or any
previous pipeline to join our team!
The Pipeline System Controller I role is responsible for
monitoring and controlling daily operations of product pipeline
facilities. This includes scheduling and coordinating product
movement between plants, storage and pipeline facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the timely deliveries of product and optimize the
scheduling process by coordinating with customers and other Buckeye
- SCADA Software. Monitoring and controlling system operations
via SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) software.
- Performing basic accounting functions such as preparing daily
throughput reports and weekly volume statements for all business
- Leak Detection. Analyzing the Leakwarn leak detection system
and react to abnormal situations in a proper manner.
- Monitoring and Analyzing Trends. Monitoring quality instruments
and trends to react to abnormalities as required.
- Concise Documentation. Documenting situations and events
throughout the shift using checklists, operating sheets and handoff
sheets to include what was done, what may occur and what future
actions may be required. Pass this information along to the
subsequent shift personnel.
- And other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in pipeline, terminal or plant operations is a
- Ability to navigate basic computer systems (i.e. Windows).
- Basic knowledge of SCADA applications and MS Office
applications is a plus.
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Must be able to visually monitor several computer screens in a
control room environment for twelve (12) hour shifts. Must maintain
a high level of mental alertness and be capable of quickly
processing and reacting to incoming information from the
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System. Response time is
- Must possess good communication (both written and verbal)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment,
process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and
follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- The person should be dependable and flexible to accommodate
unscheduled changes in work routine. This person must be capable of
working 12-hour shifts. Working overtime, weekends, and holidays is
required. The person should have good visual acuity, good color
perception, good verbal communication skills, and the ability to
remain seated for 95% of the 12-hour shift. Opportunities to stand
and walk away from the console are limited.
- May need to rely on advanced level Controllers for direction
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside
the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office
productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must
Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to
exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with
internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors,
etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational
focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of
our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of
choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's
largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and
terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of
expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral
Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a
referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred
candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer
or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the