Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Laboratory SupervisorAllentown, PAMonday-Friday Evening
ShiftKelly Science & Clinical is seeking an experienced food
scientist to manage laboratory operations for a food/beverage
testing lab in the Allentown, PA area. This is a direct hire
- Supervise the activities of departmental personnel to ensure
operations are in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures,
collective bargaining agreement and assigned tasks.
- Communicate any emerging client requirements to laboratory
personnel as needed.
- Communicate procedural and operational difficulties and delays
to client service personnel or the client as required.
- Read, calculate and record analysis data to produce a report
for the client. Correct any discrepancies that occur.
- Administer corporate human resource programs relating to
employee recruitment and retention, compensation, training and
development, equal employment opportunity, performance appraisal,
performance management, employment record documentation and
- Educate and train departmental personnel on correct procedures
and new analysis methods.
- Evaluate current methods and recommend modifications as new
procedures become available.
- Arrange and document work schedules for departmental personnel
so that analysis is accurately completed to maintain effective and
- Assist departmental personnel with analysis tasks as needed to
ensure timely results.
- Maintain adequate supplies and instrumentation for operating
- Make recommendations to management to ensure operational
efficiency, productivity and profitability of department.
- Utilize operations expertise in bargaining unit grievance
resolution and the contract negotiation process.
- Make recommendations to management for the purchase of new
instrumentation and equipment as required.
- Make recommendations to management for departmental budget and
recommendations to ensure financial viability of department.
- Establish and validate new analytical procedures and
methodologies within the laboratory.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Provide technical direction to staff on an ongoing basis.
- Responsibility and authority, in conjunction with the
Operations Manager, Quality Assurance Manager or Lab Director, to
cease specific analyses under their responsibility when evidence
from the quality system indicated the process is not in control and
the quality of the results is compromised as a result of the
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System
(LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Ensure that employees obtain knowledge of LIMS sufficient to
perform job responsibilities.
- Institute and maintain systems to monitor and verify related
- Maintain the electronic timecard system for the department,
where in-use. Monitor overtime, improve time management, and
actively manage the workflow.
- Maintain expertise in the field of food science by attending
relevant seminars and using available reading material.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement
- This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate
action to prevent or minimize departures from the quality system or
test procedures. This authority includes addressing resource needs
to properly address issues such as client turn-around time
requirements, overtime limits, employee turnover, work stoppage and
assure the appropriate type and amount of materials are ready and
available for use.
- Perform other related duties as needed.--YOUR SKILLS
- This position requires a broad knowledge of microbiology,
obtained from an MS degree in Food Science or Microbiology, or a
minimum of 5 years related job experience, to analyze and interpret
- A general knowledge of food science is necessary to supervise
the analysis of the sample.
- A broad knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies
is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management
System is required to process client data and calculate and record
- Organizational skills are helpful to ensure proper and
efficient daily operation of assigned tasks.
- Laboratory skills obtained as a technician or similar position
is beneficial to supervise the activities of laboratory
- Client relations skills are needed to discuss analysis results
and answer any related questions from the client.
- The incumbent needs analytical abilities to supervise the
accurate completion of analysis procedures.
- Planning skills are needed to ensure that analysis tasks are
completed in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills are required to effectively manage and
supervise departmental personnel.
- Supervisory skills are necessary to ensure proper and efficient
daily operation of assigned tasks.--#TJP2021_SPEC Why Kelly--?Kelly
Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and
clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you.
Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit
their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching
should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a
professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or
two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About
Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and
advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Allentown , Laboratory Supervisor, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!