Craftsperson - Mfg Maint - Extrusion (2nd Shift)
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc.
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Craftsperson - Mfg Maint - Extrusion (2nd
Shift)US-PA-AllentownJob ID: 2020-17018Type: Regular Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: ManufacturingAllentown Mfg
FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in
infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and
markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare
industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy
admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The
company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors
and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun
Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B.
Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun
Interventional Systems, Aesculap-- and CAPS--. Globally, the B.
Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64
countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise-- philosophy, B. Braun
continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and
clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and
lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit
.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: An Extrusion craftsperson must
be able to to effectively engage all tasks associated with (routine
maintenance, change-overs) or which arise (equipment failure) on
all extrusion and ancillary equipment. Responsibilities: Essential
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in
order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and
equipment to increase its efficiency.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure
that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team
- Documents activities accordingly.
- Focus on Plastics processing and Mold maintenance.The job
function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any
responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs comprehensive shop floor competencies.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or
written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
contractors/vendors. QualificationsExpertise: Qualifications
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 03-05 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed
and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. B.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc., Allentown , Craftsperson - Mfg Maint - Extrusion (2nd Shift), Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!