IT Help Desk Supervisor
Company: Stratix Systems
Posted on: February 22, 2021
IT Help Desk Supervisor
Come join our award-winning team and the Greater Reading Chamber
Alliance's fastest growing business! The IT Help Desk Supervisor
provides the leadership and strategic direction to the day-to-day
operations of the IT Help Desk. Act as a technical and procedural
escalation point and will ensure that Help Desk SLAs (service level
agreement) and initiatives are being met. The overall objective is
to maintain the highest possible service level for Stratix IT
customers, both internal and external customers. To represent,
support and hold others accountable to meet and exceed the company
desired goals, company core values, and adhere to the company
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to
- Provide exceptional leadership that supports and ensures our
company core value "Environment" is represented in a professional,
courteous, and polite manner that inspires others to want to be a
part of the team.
- Supervise, teach, train, and develop the help desk staff to
their highest potential.
- Coach technicians towards their goals - productivity, training,
- Hold technicians accountable for meeting training goals and
assist Management with creation of new goals.
- Become exceptionally proficient in our ConnectWise ticketing
system and competent at training and developing others in the
- Ensure efficient and effective resolution of tickets and
service boards daily.
- Review technician time sheets for accuracy and equitable
- Hold weekly 1:1 meeting with the Help Desk team to keep them
accountable to achieving desired company goals.
- Maintain appropriate coverage & schedule for the Help Desk
- Manage and approve help desk technician time off in a way that
keeps the help desk response time at company desired goals.
- Act as a technical escalation point for issues coming from the
Help Desk, providing guidance/training as possible.
- Act as a procedural escalation point for issue and questions
from the Help Desk.
- Act as a second-level escalation for dissatisfied
- Participate in the on-call/emergency support process.
- Provide oversight of the Support service board, including
monitoring aged tickets and total count. Provide oversight of the
ticket triage process, including following up with clients and
- Monitor success rate of achieving SLAs and make necessary
scheduling changes to increase that rate.
- Run weekly Help Desk team meeting reviewing the week and any
new/updated initiatives or procedures.
- Maintain certifications and stay abreast of the industry trends
to ensure the help desk is on the cutting edge and next generation
- Provide input toward development and refinement of Help Desk
- Work with Management to develop and document new Help Desk
- Work with management to implement new Help Desk processes as
they are announced.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as directed by
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or
related field is required.
- Equivalent and relevant combination of education and experience
will be considered.
- Candidates should have at least five years of supervisory
- Candidates should have at least five years of senior technical
experience in a managed services or consulting role.
- Proficient in use of standard office software, ticketing
systems, and reporting applications.
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically with Excel and
- Proficient in troubleshooting Windows Server and Desktop
- Proficient in troubleshooting server and desktop hardware.
- Proficient in troubleshooting networking and firewall issues,
including SonicWALL, HPE/Aruba, ADTRAN, and Cisco.
- Proficient in troubleshooting VMWare and Hyper-V
- Familiar with various MSP tools (PSA, RMM, etc.)
- Familiar with managing various SaaS services, including
Microsoft 365, spam filtering, managed AV, etc.
- Familiar with Lenovo server and desktop hardware.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid PA Driver's License with ability to be insured.
- Industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, HDI, etc.)
- Candidates will be expected to continue to earn industry
certifications as part of this position. Stratix Systems is a B2B
single-source partner that delivers strategic end-to-end services
and solutions based on distinct, yet complementary practices,
- Managed IT and Cloud-hosted Services
- Data Backup and Business Continuity Applications
- Electronic Content and Document Management Solutions
- Business-class Printing and Imaging Devices As an independent
business technology integrator, Stratix Systems builds solutions
focused around our top tier channel partners, including: Microsoft,
Dell, Ricoh, Datto and others. Having become the partner-of-choice
for thousands of organizations throughout Eastern Pennsylvania and
New Jersey, Stratix Systems firmly believes that with the right
people on board, anything is possible. We have an unwavering
commitment to our clients, partners and associates, and we attract
and hire only the best to deliver on our commitments. Stratix is an
equal-opportunity employer. For more information, please visit our
website at .
Keywords: Stratix Systems, Allentown , IT Help Desk Supervisor, Other , Bally, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!