Regional Head of Market Segments, Automotive & Industrial Coatings, Americas
Company: Evonik Corporation
Posted on: January 7, 2021
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a
team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment.
Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you
will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them
independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for
personal and professional development are of course part of the
package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a
family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Click here to learn more about Evonik from our employees
The Regional Market Segment Head will be responsible for all
Marketing, Strategy Development, and Product Management related
activities and Contribution Margin for the Automotive & Industrial
Coatings Market Segments of Business Line Coating Additives in the
America's region. Develops and implements regional market segment
strategy, in the Americas in close cooperation with the relevant
functions and in alignment with the overall business line strategy.
Leads and manages the cross-functional Market Segment Team in the
Marketing Related Responsibilities:
- Responsible for regional performance (CM1) of Market Segment
across products in support of the global growth and margin
- Responsible for allocation and optimization of internal
resources, e.g., Sales, Applied Technology and use of external
resources, incl. service level agreements in the Americas
- Staffing and steering the regional cross-functional Market
- Accountable for Opportunity Management and resource allocation
for customer projects in the region.
- Accountable for developing/implementing the regional strategy
in accordance with the global Market Segment strategy in the
- Supporting the innovation pipeline of the Market Segment
(including Project Management of assigned Innovation Projects) and
alignment of Key Account strategies (including value pricing) as
well as coordination with other market segments respectively
- Accountable for Market Segment internal projects, including
innovation projects, Applied Research & Technology projects, and
continuous improvement of business processes in the Americas
- Responsible for regional price implementation and
- Support of channel management and regional distributors
including target setting, price management, and training.
- Schedule and lead quarterly meetings with Applied Research &
Technology/Innovation group to discuss strategies, customers, and
other market related topics.
- Organize and design graphics, literature, and other promotional
items in collaboration with Regional Coating Additives and
Corporate Communications for all Automotive & Industrial Coatings
related trade shows.
Product Management Related Responsibilities:
- Responsible for regional Market Segment "MiFIR" (Forecasting
mid/long-term) planning in support of BL targets and strategy,
including review and approval of annual and quarterly product
forecasts in the region.
- Supporting the portfolio management for the Market Segment by
assigning Promote/Cancel/Maintain classification of products and
implementation of portfolio status changes in the region.
- Supporting Safety and Quality initiatives in line with the
ESHQ-targets of the Business Line respectively Evonik Resource
- Decide upon allocations and order priority of products on short
supply, as well as modifications to product packaging, product
specification changes, and regional service/surcharge decisions
- B.S or M.S. in Science or Engineering Discipline or Business
Management; Master's Degree (MBA) preferred.
- 15-20 years' experience in business, sales or marketing;
Coatings Market and Additives experience preferred. (Automotive
Coatings, Industrial Coatings, Powder Coatings, Marine, Protective,
Plastic, Leather, Metal, Can & Coil). Specialty Chemicals an
- Experience developing and implementing Strategy in a highly
matrixed, global business and managing diverse group of
- Experience in Product Management skills as well as Project
- Managing or heavily interfacing with cross-functional teams,
including marketing, sales, and a broad technology organization
focused on product development, technical service, and asset
optimization is key.
- Strong teamwork & excellent interpersonal skills to work
effectively across business lines and cultural gaps
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to drive and implement change
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership
- Proficiency with SAP, MS Dynamics CRM, Power Business
Intelligence (Dashboard), business warehouse, and Microsoft Office
Suite of software.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect
the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 125479
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application
documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with
preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing
firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should
Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which
it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate
subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered
employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in
Keywords: Evonik Corporation, Allentown , Regional Head of Market Segments, Automotive & Industrial Coatings, Americas, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!