Company: Progressive Vision Institute
Posted on: January 6, 2021
Description:JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT ARE:
- Uses autorefractor and lensometers
- Performs visual field tests Performs visual acuity and pinhole
- Performs brightness acuity measurement as requested
- Performs Schimer's tests as ordered
- Monitors patient flow
- Acts as a scribe when needed
- Informs patients of the purpose of all tests performed, and how
the patient will be affected by such test
- Obtains patient history to include chief complaint, history of
present illness, past history, family history, and history of
allergies and medications
- Performs accurate and consistent documentation and measurement
tasks to include: visual acuity, manual lensometry, confrontational
visual fields, stereo testing, evaluation of motility, pupillary
function tests, color plates, applanation tonometry/tonopen,
refractometry, angle assessment, dilation of pupils, contact lens
evaulations, optic nerve scanning, pachymetry, corneal
- Provides back-up to the ophthalmic photographer regarding
fundus, exterior, and anterior segment photos
- Performs duties consistent with ophthalmic writer/scribe
- Assists physician with laser procedures
- Assists physician with minor surgery, maintaining practice
standards of sterile technique and infection control
- Determines which patient should be taken next from the waiting
room to have testing initiated.
- Escorts all patients from the waiting room.
- Advises patients as to who will see them following testing and
makes patients comfortable during wait.
- Maintains a smooth flow of patients to the physician, altering
the test sequence as required.
- Provides telephone support regarding ocular emergencies,
prescription refills, and patient care questions.
- Communicates with reception to facilitate proper patient
- Reviews the use of Amsler grid testing with patient for at-home
- Reviews physician-generated instructions with patient.
- Provides appropriate patient education materials as directed by
- Ensures that exam room are tidied between patients, including
cleaning sinks and sanitizing equipment.
- Seeks advice from more senior staff as necessary, never
performing beyond capabilities.
- Maintains cleanliness in exam and procedure rooms.
- Maintains back up levels of stocks in exam and procedure
- Cleans all lenses used by doctors.
- Prepares for COA exam and completes exam after being employed
by practice one year.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to cover numerous late nights a month and travel
to other offices when needed..Requirements:JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE
MEDICAL ASSISTANT ARE:
- Knowledge of medical and ophthalmic terminology.
- Demonstrated, advanced comprehension of the ophthalmic
assistant skills as outlined by the Joint Commission on Allied
Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).
- Basic understanding of optics.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the principles of optics,
refraction, and contact lenses.
- Demonstrated ability to perform comprehensive work ups.
- Positive team member.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathetic personality with concern for patients' needs.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience in a healthcare setting; ophthalmology
preferred.The Medical Assistant is a full-time position that offers
benefits.The American with Disabilities Act requires that
responsible accommodations be made for qualified individuals to
help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. Please
let us know at the time you apply for the position if you need any
special accommodations.I have read and understand my Job
(Employee) (Date)PM20 PI128107493
Keywords: Progressive Vision Institute, Allentown , medical assistant, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!