Company: Progressive Vision Institute
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Description: Job Description For the Certified Ophthalmic
- Promptly and professionally assists the doctor in patient
- Performs technical workups, patient interviews and special
- Obtains patient history, to include chief complaint, history of
present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history
of allergies and medications.
- Maintains and cleans all equipment being used.
- Ability to perform comprehensive work-ups in a timely
- Returns phone calls to patients and pharmacies.
- Assists in minor surgery.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Accurately performs: Vision Acuity, color Vision, OCT,
Confrontational Visual Fields, Pachymetry, Cell Counts, Schimer's
test, Assist with lasers, Autorefractors, Lensometry, Keratometry,
Tonometry, Visual Fields, Amsler grid, fundus photos, Pupil Exams,
- Scribe with physician.
- Troubleshoot instrument repairs as necessary.
- Determines which patient should be taken next from the waiting
room to have testing initiated.
- Following testing, advises as to who will see them next and
makes them comfortable during the wait.
- Maintains a smooth flow of patients to the physician, altering
the test sequence as required.
- Escorts patients from the clinical area to the check-out
station or optical dispensary when necessary.
- Helps with triaging phone calls.
- Assists in screenings as needed.
- Seeks advice from more senior staff as necessary, never
performing beyond capabilities.
- Maintains stock levels and cleanliness of exam lanes.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Must be able to cover numerous late nights a month and travel
to other offices as needed.. Requirements: Job Requirements for the
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant are:
- Position requires good understanding of ophthalmic practice and
- Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and
- Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to
establish a safe work environment required.
- Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers and supervisor
- Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need
for efficient use of time.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease,
symptoms and ocular meds.
- Has a working understanding of A-Scans, fundus photos, nerve
fiber analysis and fluorescein angiography.
- Has basic knowledge of contact lenses.
- Utilizes proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Understands and uses proper sterile technique.
- Utilizes proper universal precaution procedures.
- Understands and communicates well to patients about eye
- Understands and follows procedures for surgical and procedural
- Displays consistent professionalism.
- Is energetic and empathetic with patients.
- Consistently display positive rapport with fellow
- Cooperates with supervisory staff and physicians.
- Scribes readily when doctor desires.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment.
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Maintains certification.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience or training in this or similar
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
requirementsThe Certified Ophthalmic Assistant is a full-time
position that offers benefits.The American with Disabilities Act
requires that responsible accommodations be made for qualified
individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the
position. Please let us know at the time you apply for the position
if you need any special accommodations.I have read and understand
my Job Description.___________________________________
____________________ (Employee) (Date)
Keywords: Progressive Vision Institute, Allentown , COA, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!