Company: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARYEnsures efficient, professional, and effective
operation of the Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network's insurance
and enterprise risk management programs by providing
information-management support, coordinating and processing risk
claims, managing insurance policy renewals.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONSMANAGES THE RISK MANAGEMENT / INSURANCE CLAIMS FUNCTION
UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE VICE PRESIDENT, LEGAL AFFAIRS
- By managing the submission and processing of actual and
- by coordinating litigation activity by acting as a liaison
between claimant, third party administrator, insurance company and
- must investigate as expeditiously as possible so that valid
claims can be settled and non-meritorious claims can be
- by providing necessary information to insurance carriers in a
- gather highly confidential information
- by coordinating depositions between employees and the attorney
when a claim is in litigation
- by representing Good Shepherd at depositions, hearings and
trials when necessary
- by keeping confidential files current and accurate
- by reporting to the Risk Management Committee, providing loss
runs and miscellaneous reports as necessary.
- Provides necessary information on event reports in the
electronic event reporting system.COORDINATES INSURANCE PROGRAM AND
- By keeping accurate records on our insurance information for
General, Professional and Excess Liability, Directors & Officers,
Crime & Fiduciary, Property, Auto, Physicians' Malpractice, Cyber
Liability, Volunteer Accident, Clinical Trial, and Special Events
Insurances and miscellaneous bonds, etc.
- by informing the insurance company of any changes, deletions,
- by providing a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from the state on any
employee or volunteer before they can drive a Good Shepherd vehicle
and acquiring reports on all drivers when necessary for our Auto
- by completing all renewal applications as required by due
- Provides Certificates of Insurance when requested; maintains
Certificates of Insurance received from third parties.
- Acts as a liaison between insurance broker, insurance companies
and Good Shepherd for day to day activities.COORDINATES GSRRRG
- By maintaining updated corporate documents necessary for
captive insurance company in South Carolina.
- Acts as a liaison between GSRRRG service providers, i.e.
outside counsel, captive manager, auditors and company.
- Makes arrangements for the Annual GSRRRG Board Meeting,; this
includes coordination of schedules, flights, transportation,
accommodations, etc.PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting,
editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and
graphics as needed and in a very efficient and timely manner.
- By developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems to
provide information as requested in a timely manner.
- By coordinating, meetings and conferences as necessary.
- Attending meetings and taking notes/ minutes, as may be
- Calendaring of events.
- Preparing and sending correspondence and written communications
as necessary.UPDATES LEGAL INFORMATION FOR THE ORGANIZATION
- By maintaining accurate and up-to-date legal information on all
Good Shepherd entities, including sales tax exemption, federal
identification numbers, corporate and fictitious names, dates of
- by notarizing documents when necessary.MAINTAINS/COORDINATES
INFORMATION ON NOTARIES
- By keeping accurate and current records on all the Notaries at
GSRN, including their Certificate of Insurance, making sure their
notary commission is recorded with the Commonwealth of PA.Updates
- By working with Subject Matter Experts to update and review HR
policies on an annual basis.
- Work with Marketing on updating policies on company intranet
and notify the required personnel to comply with regulatory
- Partners with CHRO and HRLT to identify process gaps and
opportunities for improvement Supports Occupational Health Nurse
- By assisting with management of employee medical filesMAINTAINS
CUSTOMER CONFIDENCE AND PROTECTS THE ORGANIZATION
- By keeping information confidential.COMPLETES PROJECTS
- By meeting deadlines and following up on results as
- By collecting, analyzing and presenting information in a format
that is understandable and/or as requested.MAINTAINS PROFESSIONAL
AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- By attending educational workshops
- reviewing professional publications
- establishing personal networks
- participating in professional societies.CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM
- By assisting others when necessary. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education
- High School Diploma required
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Must be a Notary Public or willing to apply to become one.Work
- 5-7 years of progressive professional assistant experience
requiredLicenses / Certifications
- GOOD SHEPHERD'S UNIVERSAL FLU PROGRAMAs a health-care provider,
we have a professional and ethical obligation to protect our
patients and residents from developing further complications.To
protect our patients and residents, Good Shepherd requires
influenza (flu) vaccinations for all Associates, licensed
independent practitioners, contracted, agency and temporary
employees, students and volunteers.***Important Note: Good Shepherd
Penn Partners is a drug and tobacco free work environment. As a
result, candidates selected for employment may be subject to a drug
screen test, which includes nicotine. Good Shepherd and Good
Shepherd Penn Partners also requires the COVID vaccination for all
employees.***Good Shepherd is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment
practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network, Allentown , Paralegal, Legal , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!