IT Category Sourcing Manager
Company: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
41255BRReq No.:41255BRJob Description and Qualifications:II.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for sourcing
activities in support of several Corporate IT categories within the
Corporate Sourcing area. These commodities include Engineering
applications, data/analytics, ERP, IT Services and other corporate
applications as assigned. As such, the position is charged with
developing procurement strategies, negotiating, implementing. and
maintaining competitively advantageous supply arrangements. The
position is also recognized as a key member of the business team(s)
that the incumbent supports and is expected to proactively develop
cost optimization projects in these categories.The incumbent is
required to have a clear working knowledge of the supply
competitiveness drivers, key suppliers in the market, and supply
marketplace dynamics. This position plays a critical supplier
relationship management role to ensure alignment with business
strategies. The position will typically interface at senior
management levels within the suppliers organization to represent
Air Products interests. The ideal candidate should have a
demonstrated record of IT procurement negotiations, influencing
skills, financial and business acumen, and excellent organization
and time management skills.III. NATURE AND SCOPE Within the
assigned IT categories, the incumbent manages key supplier
relationships. They must have extensive experience with digital
technology and service providers, licensing agreements, and of
contemporary sourcing strategies in all areas. The individual must
have sufficient knowledge of corporate sourcing as a profession to
be able to assist in other categories as required. The candidate
must possess both excellent analytical and communication skills.
The individual will need to have the knowledge, experience, and
ability to employ the appropriate influence strategies with
business stakeholders to meet their objectives. Strong sourcing,
DT, organizational, written, and negotiating skills are required.
Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical
information, across cultures and organizations is a key success
- Category Spend Managed $50MM per year
- Businesses Supported Digital Technology, Finance, GEMTE, HR,
- Supply Contracts Size Range Up to $10 MM V. PRINCIPAL
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and
- Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting
negotiations and implementation for assigned categories consistent
with business requirements
- Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools to manage enquiries.
Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with
cross functional teams
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions
and business drivers on a global basis to maximize leverage and
- Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery,
supplier qualification and bidding.
- Work closely with supported businesses to ensure stability and
cost effectiveness of supply.
- Bring innovative supplier solutions to maximize value
proposition across the supply chain.
- Manage supplier performance and maintain interface at senior
levels of supplier organizations.
- Ensure that the sourcing process is consistent with the
necessary regulatory and legal requirements.
- Balancing workload across the enterprise to effectively
prioritize work. Critical Competencies
- IT licensing and commercial awareness
- Negotiating skills
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders
and external suppliers for assigned categories
- Identifies and champions innovative solutions
- Strong influencing, communication, and facilitative skills
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
(including cost savings) Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Business, or related field.
- At least five years' work experience in commercial IT or
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with key suppliers
and/or business partners
- Strong data analytics capabilities, including proficiency in
Excel based analytics such as pivot tables and other advanced
- Proficiency in preparing and delivering presentations to senior
management stakeholders. Air Products is an equal opportunity
employer where diversity matters. At Air Products, we work in an
environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture,
and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit
About Air Products (http://www.airproducts.com) We offer a
comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and
vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement
plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in
your retirement benefits on your first day of employment. Air
Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest;
however, only those applicants who are being considered for an
interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be
contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status. Job Title:IT Category
Sourcing ManagerEmployment Status:Full
AmericaOrganization:Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division:Global Engineering Procurement & Quality
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Allentown , IT Category Sourcing Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!