Software Engineering Lead - Web
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: April 8, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Software Engineering
Lead position is a full stack SME developer who performs complex
research, design, and Web development, provides direct input to
project plans, estimates, schedules, and methodology in the
development of cross functional omnichannel software products
focused on consumer facing Web applications. This position leads
and mentos junior members of the team; talks to
users/customers/internal stakeholders and works with team members
to translate their requests into solutions.JOB DUTIES AND
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to bring a
sharp and responsive experience to patients, visitors and employees
by using the latest in Web technologies and state-of-the-art
software and database design.
- Provides leadership for Web Development encompassing all
aspects of application design and development, interfaces, secure
programming, scalability, accessibility and system performance.
Will lead initiatives involving new technology, defines web
technology architecture, and participates in creating roadmap and
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to
understand and finalize complex requirements, wireframes, design
and architecture and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that
drive powerful experiences to our customer.
- Demonstrate understanding of PCI and HIPPA compliance
requirements and ability to design and develop solutions that
conform to those requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of application architecture and
infrastructure as they relate to service delivery including
availability and performance and accessibility.
- Demonstrate understanding of secure programming concepts as
they relate to web application development with the ability to
define solutions that mitigate risks including but not limited to
the OWASP Top 10
- Implementation of proper data protection and storage, secure
and performant solutions that adhere to defined standards.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends,
experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in
internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members
of the engineering team in addition to coding and evaluating
- Create thorough documentation for all code and libraries
generated that adheres to documentation principles agreed upon by
the entire development team.
- Troubleshoots and debugs code developed by themselves as well
as other developers
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best
practices, and code reviews and TDD/BDD.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall,
etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department
management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS/Azure, use
technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers, CI/CD.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development
methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL/SENSORY DEMANDS: Sitting
for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7
hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day,
1 hour at a time. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color, and
peripheral vision.Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone
conversations. EDUCATION:Bachelor's or Associate degree in computer
science, information systems, engineering or equivalent
required.--TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of Full stack Software Development experience focused
on architecting and building/deploying highly performant, scalable
and secure Websites deployed on cloud (AWS and or Azure).
- 5+ years of experience building interactive web
- Strong experience with WebCMS (Headless, coupled, decoupled)
and API's (Java or PHP based)
- Strong CSS & HTML5 skills, including SASS and LESS. Experience
with responsive design.
libraries/Typescript/HTML 5/ REST/ JSON /XML/CSS/CSS preprocessors,
Web Analytics and other front-end technologies.
- Experience in application design patterns and principles,
development methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Experience with complex database design concepts and the
ability to determine the best solution based on individual project
requirements and goals
- Experience interfacing with both internal and 3rd party APIs as
well as designing and developing new APIs as part of a
- Experience in Agile practices (Scrum/Kanban), JIRA, Confluence,
- Experience with cloud (AWS and or Azure) services
- Experience with best practices for implementations using Agile
- Experience with ReactJS/Angular.
- Experience with SSO, Oauth2, OpenID, SAML2.0 protocols.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.PREFERRED:
- Healthcare experience desirable.
- Experience with SMART on FHIR
- SEO, A/B Testing.
- Familiarity with MS Office Products desirable.Please complete
your application using your full legal name and--current home
address. Be sure to--include--employment history for--the past
seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you
are--encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work
history, education, and/or certifications and--licenses, if
applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at
the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for
your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Founded in 1872, St. Luke's
University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional,
non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services
at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue
greater than $2 billion, the Network's service area includes 11
counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery,
Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren
and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. Dedicated to advancing
medical education, St. Luke's is the preeminent teaching hospital
in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple
University, St. Luke's created the Lehigh Valley's first and only
regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation's
longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in
1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs
with 347 residents and fellows. St. Luke's is the only Lehigh
Valley-based health care system to earn Medicare's five- and
four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient
satisfaction. St. Luke's is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades
Top Hospital and a Newsweek World's Best Hospital. U.S. News &
World Report ranked St. Luke's #1 in the Lehigh Valley and #6 in
the state. Two of IBM Watson Health's 100 Top Hospitals are St.
Luke's hospitals. St. Luke's University Hospital has earned the 100
Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health
eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke's has also been
cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both
inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year
recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the
SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth,
online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke's is
also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Software Engineering Lead - Web, IT / Software / Systems , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!