Human Resource Generalist/Intern
Company: Dorney Park
Posted on: March 18, 2023
$16 / hour - A Seasonal job with us can lead to a successful
future. That's because you will:
- Develop resume-building skills to help achieve your career
- Work in a welcoming and diverse environment
- Gain knowledge through training programs and work experience
The Human Resources Assistant/ Intern -will assist with most
aspects related to Human Resources. This role works closely with
Human Resources team members and department representatives to
facilitate group interviews, employment processes utilizing
computer programs, training, associate events and transfer of
knowledge and/or skills to associates through presentation and
interaction. This seasonal, entry-level position has -endless
oppertunities for -exposure and experience to gain in the HR field.
You'll Make a Difference:
- Interact with our guests and make their day amazing through
- Share your passion for creating a warm and welcoming
environment with your team
- Deliver fast and accurate service
- Contribute to our exceptional track record for safety Minimum
- Interacts with and assists associates in an outgoing, friendly,
versatile, flexible, and professional manner.
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality of paperwork and
information to ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Effectively communicates with associates when assisting with
any job related inquiries via phone, mail, e-mail, radio, and in
- Thoroughly explains all forms or documents distributed to
ensure full understanding on the receivers part; checks received
paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Processes employment paperwork and enters data into computer
after verifying all required documents and information for accuracy
- Explain the -accommodation process to associates who seek it
and track the process to ensure all required steps are
- Completes all daily/ weekly reporting in an organized,
accurate, and timely manner.
- Coordinate and facilitate Associate Events. This includes
creating promotional flyers to advertise them via all internal
channels of communication.
- Promotes departmental opportunities and associate
- Assist in recruitment which includes but is not limited to:
-reviewing job applications/ resumes, pre-screening qualifying
candidates, coordinating interviews facilitating -or assessing
group interviews, -and keeping our Applicant Tracking System and
hiring reports up-to-date.
- Performs general office work such as: answering phones, filing,
faxing, copying, scanning -and data entry.
- Understands and follows procedures for scheduling.
- Properly issues and inventories wardrobe items as needed.
- Chaperon associates in company bus trips as needed.
- Understands the Work and Travel program to assist in the
International Student area as needed.
- Transport associates in the Housing Program to and from Dorney
Park & Wildwater Kingdom as needed for scheduled shifts and work
- Enforces associate guidelines, policies and procedures.
Addresses and/or escalates matters as needed.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications:
We're looking for:
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your
smile and positive nature
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun
while having fun at work
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather
conditions Minimum Qualifications:
- Have an outgoing personality in order to interact with all
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to assist with -transportation needs during day and
night shifts. Position will require a completion of a physical for
a Medical Card (company paid).
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Dorney Park, Allentown , Human Resource Generalist/Intern, Human Resources , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...