Assistant Store Manager
Company: Wild Birds Unlimited, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Assistant Store Manager Needed
Wild Birds Unlimited of Allentown, PA is looking for an Assistant
Store Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with
profitably, managing the day to day operations of the store by
following the best practices, and leading other store associates to
provide a welcoming and high-energy customer experience.
We are a destination that makes people happy, and we want to create
an exciting and fun environment where people love to come and shop.
The Assistant Store Manager is a critical leader in assisting with
coaching, developing, and motivating sales associates to directly
impact our organizational and overall goals, as well as being a
sales leader on the floor.
We are looking for a high-energy, happy and upbeat person who will
help make the customer experience fun and exciting. We are a small
store that builds relationships with our customers, knows them by
name, and looks forward to having them in the store regularly. The
right candidate has the ability to connect with customers, easily
make conversation, discern their needs, and put them at ease in
educating and helping them find what they are looking for in the
- Open and closes the store as required
- Assist with the day-to-day operations in the store
- Continually work towards achieving sales goals
- Assist customers as needed
- Run the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Conduct periodic inventory counts by department to ensure
accuracy in the POS system
- Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor
and communicates well with other team members.
- Place orders with vendors as directed by Store Manager and
- Assist the Owner and Store Manager in maintaining adequate
inventory levels and communicate information to them regarding
- Assist the team in checking-in, receiving and committing
merchandise, and implement pricing updates as directed
Selling / Customer Experience
- Understand that the high-energy, happy customer experience is
our store's #1 priority.
- Use successful selling skills, including active listening to
satisfy the customer's need and complete the sale
- Add to average ticket as possible with each sale with the
offering of additional products.
- Assist other team members on best practices and high-level
- Understand and communicate the store's merchandise and target
products to the customer.
- Prepare displays and signage for upcoming promotions and
- Keep merchandising displays neat, full, and interesting at all
- Adhere to all store policies and procedures regarding the
ringing of all transactions and any administrative duties as
- Help keep store office and backroom clean and
- Keep sales tickets and other sales-related information neatly
- Mail invoices, packing slips and sales tickets to Owners
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Must have 3+ years hands-on retail management experience and be
familiar with a POS system.
- Must be extremely focused and have great attention to
- Experience receiving inventory, pricing inventory, and managing
inventory flow required.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Interest in nature and outdoor activities preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act
with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is
conducted without bias or prejudice.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., climb a 10-foot
ladder, perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand
and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching,
squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs
of the business, which will include opening, closing, weekend
shifts, filling in for other team members who are ill or on
vacation, working during seed sales (typically the first 2-3 weeks
in October and February), on Black Friday and during the Christmas
Why you'll love it here
Our customers are happy and excited when they come in the store,
because they are doing something they enjoy and want to learn more
about their hobby. We work together as a team, and value everyone's
input as we work together to continually make the store better.
We can't wait to meet you!
Keywords: Wild Birds Unlimited, Inc., Allentown , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!