Company: Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Discover your Purpose! - -Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley,
a Discovery Senior Living community is growing, thriving and has
meaningful job opportunities available in a safe and supportive
work environment.We are looking for a Part-time Activities
Assistant and/or Concierge, with the possibility of making it a
Full-time position. We provide on the job training with no
experience required. -We offer rewarding career opportunities that
- Competitive wages
- Access to wages before payday
- Flexible scheduling options with full-time and part-time
- Paid time off and Holidays (full-time)
- Full benefit package including health, dental, vision and more
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Paid training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Meals and uniformsActivities Assistants run the residents'
scheduled activities such as cooking groups, exercise, games, and
refreshments during entertainment. Activities assistants may also
be required to drive residents for shopping trips or
appointments.The Concierge is responsible for greeting guests,
residents, and employees, managing both external and internal
calls, taking and communicating messages and providing information
of a general nature.Activities & Events Coordinator
- Assist in the development and oversight of resident activities.
- Plan, schedule and conduct programs that provide physical,
intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for our
residents in our community.
- Attend all community planned functions and help coordinate the
event from beginning to end including set-up, running, and breaking
down for the event.
- Assist in preparing and organizing a calendar of events.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and every
other weekend) for planned activity events.Qualifications:
- US High School Diploma (or GED) IS REQUIRED.
- Driver's License in good standing IS REQUIRED.
- Ability to encourage and motivate older adults.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Strong skills in organization, delegation and consensus
- Associate's Degree in social work, recreation, sociology,
psychology or related field preferred
- One to three years experience in assisted living or long term
care working with memory care patients preferred
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.Concierge
- Carries out telephone answering and reception duties as
- Takes complete messages with pertinent information and
communicates messages to the intended recipient.
- Greets residents and visitors. Answers inquiries and gives
- Monitors resident entry and egress from from the front door.
- Responds to other door alerts by checking camera feeds
- Communicates with other team members via radio.
- Works on a variety of administrative projects, such as copying
and assembling orientation binders, contracts, and marketing
materials, and sending out mailings. -
- Maintains and keeps desk and entry area neat and
- Organizes and distributes mail to residents, Executive Director
and Department Coordinators.
- Maintains resident forms for miscellaneous credits and
- Maintains adherence to all company personnel policies and
established operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years customer service experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.Benefits:In
addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery
offers a comprehensive benefit package. - -Full time team members
are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical,
dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and
paid holidays. - -FT and PT team members are eligible to
participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match and
optional buy-in insurance policies such as accident and short-term
disability. - Additionally, all team members have access to our
complimentary Employee Assistance Program.If having a direct impact
on the lives of others is appealing to you, apply today and join
our team!EOE D/V
Keywords: Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley, Allentown , Activities Assistant/Concierge, Hospitality & Tourism , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...