Psychiatrist - Allentown
Company: Omni Health Services
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Omni Health Services is in search for a Psychiatrist for its Allentown, PA and Easton, PA locations.
Summary: The psychiatrist provides psychiatric services for clients including psychiatric evaluations, evaluating, prescribing and monitoring of medication, medication counseling and crisis assessments. The psychiatrist serves as the Treatment team leader, reviewing and approving treatment plans, and provides clinical consultation to the Program Director and clinical staff.
KEY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Completes psychiatric evaluations on new clients within 14 days of admission and as necessary
2. Reviews and signs/co-signs the Health History Questionnaire, Biopsychosocial Assessment and Treatment Plan, within the timeframes set by state regulation.
3. Recommends course of treatment, including medical tests and/or referrals for additional assessments or for other treatment facilities based upon results of evaluation.
4. Demonstrates competent application of Wellness and Recovery, Illness Management and Recovery, Motivational Interviewing, Education Strategies to provide clinical leadership.
5. Assesses need for medication, obtains informed consent, provides client/family education, prescribes and monitors all psychotropic medications.
6. Obtains written second opinion from a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist before prescribing medication to a minor (under 18 years of age).
7. Prescribes and reviews medical tests, including BMI and Metabolic Syndrome monitoring protocol, EKG, or other laboratory tests to evaluate for appropriateness or therapeutic levels.
8. Collaborates with medical professionals, as the Primary Care Physician or other medical or drug and alcohol service provider, as appropriate, regarding medical condition(s), medical/drug history and concurrent treatment.
9. Collaborates with the professional team for a client through use of the Staff/MD Communication Form or other means that is documented in the Client Record.
10. Documents detailed progress notes for each session, missed visit, cancelled visit or medication called in to pharmacy. Completes medication pre-certifications as necessary.
11. Completes and updates the medication log each time medication is prescribed, including any called in to a pharmacy. Each new medication prescribed includes informed consent/medication counseling protocol.
12. Participates in performance improvement /compliance-ethics activities as: peer review, psychiatrist/medication policy review and update and/or root cause analysis of critical incidents.
13. Attentive to safety issues in care and the environment. Addresses and reports all at-risk behavior or potential abuse/neglect/exploitation situations to the Program Director immediately. Completes Incident reports as necessary.
14. Submits complete and accurate documents in a timely manner (Encounter forms, assessments, progress notes, contact notes) along with timesheet to the Program Director.
15. Provides clinical consultation to the Program Director and staff on an as needed basis.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to OMNI policies as procedures as well as compliance-ethics responsibilities. Implements OMNI policy on clinical and operations that relate to psychiatric services, medication management, documentation of care and cultural competence.
15. Maintains regular attendance and is punctual.
16. Maintains current licensure, DEA, liability insurance, clearances and other requirements as requested.
-- MD or DO from a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited university with 3 years residency in Psychiatry; provides WES or other verification of foreign education as appropriate.
-- Board Certified or Eligible in psychiatry
-- Current licensure in Pennsylvania
-- Current DEA certificate.
-- Current child abuse, PA criminal and FBI clearances.
-- Current CPR/First Aid certification
-- Liability insurance of $1,000,000/$3,000,000
-- Adheres to the AMA code of ethics
-- Bilingual abilities to population served preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Non-discrimination in Services: OMNI Health Services, Inc. hiring and advancement practices, in accordance with Federal and State Law, prohibit discrimination based upon Age, Race, Creed, Color, National Origin/Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Sex, or Handicap.
Keywords: Omni Health Services, Allentown , Psychiatrist - Allentown, Healthcare , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!