Pediatric Pulmonologist opportunity with Lehigh Valley Health Network
Company: Lehigh Valley Health Network
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children s Hospital and the Department of
Pediatrics is expanding the Section of Pulmonary Medicine and
seeking to hire additional Pediatric Pulmonologists. Lehigh Valley
Reilly Children s Hospital, part of Lehigh Valley Health Network,
is the region s only children s hospital. Opportunities for
leadership of the Section of Pediatric Pulmonology are available
for candidates with requisite experience, with junior faculty
candidates also considered.
- The Pediatric Pulmonary practice includes office-based
pediatric respiratory therapists, dedicated pulmonary nurses, and a
highly qualified team of ancillary staff dedicated to the care and
education of patients and their families.
- We maintain a high-quality and state-of-the-art pediatric PFT
lab in our office including spirometry, body plethysmography, DLCO,
MIP/MEP, and nitrogen washout.
- LVRCH is an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center, caring for about
80 CF patients in the region, and is staffed with a full-time CF
Coordinator, a CF nutritionist, Behavioral Health Therapist, CF
Pharmacist, Social Worker, and Physical Therapist.
- Our two accredited pediatric sleep lab locations, staffed with
experienced respiratory technicians and a Pediatric Sleep Medicine
Board Certified Physician, offer baseline polysomnography, positive
airway pressure titration, multiple sleep latency test and
actigraphy for children aged 0-18 years old.
- We offer in-office sweat testing for patients and infants with
abnormal newborn screens.
- We offer in-office biologic asthma controller medication to
children with severe persistent asthma.
- We have a collaborative approach to patient care with other
- Monthly Pediatric ENT and GI multidisciplinary care conference
for an aerodigestive disorders and joint procedures for airway
evaluations (double and triple scopes).
- Hospital-based care includes inpatient consultations in the
PICU, NICU, and pediatric inpatient floors with a co-management
approach to admitted children with CF.
- Members of the pulmonary team are integral to the education of
medical students and pediatric residents during core and elective
- We maintain a positive work environment by prioritizing team
collaboration, wellness, and community.Job Qualifications:
- Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship Trained
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric
- Ability to deliver excellent family-centered care and work
toward program development, continuous improvement, and scholarly
- A current PA Medical License or ability to obtain a PA Medical
License is requiredBenefits & Perks:
- Highly Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Reimbursement for Board Exam fees
- Generous vacation time
- Retirement programs
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation AssistanceFacility and Network Information:
- Hecht Family Children s Specialty Center, located on the main
campus of Lehigh Valley Reilly Children s Hospital (LVRCH), is the
main practice site for pediatric specialties.
- LVRCH serves the eastern Pennsylvania region with a pediatric
primary care network and a full complement of pediatric
- LVRCH s Pediatric Residency Program trains 8 pediatric
residents per class.
- LVHN is a regional branch campus for the University of South
Florida Morsani College of Medicine 3 rd and 4 th year medical
students enrolled in the USF SELECT program.
- Ambulatory services include our Children s Cancer and Infusion
Center and our Children s Surgery Center, both located adjacent to
the children s hospital in our children s specialty center.
- The neonatal team provides 24/7 coverage at 3 neonatal
intensive care units throughout the region with a 40 bed Level-4
NICU at LVRCH.
- Our newly renovated 12 bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
is staffed 24/7 by a team of in-house pediatric intensivists and
pediatric critical care nurses.
- Our Children s ER completed an expansion in 2021, more than
doubling in size, and is the largest Children s ER outside of
- MedEvac ground and air transport services provide access to
emergent care at LVRCH.
Keywords: Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown , Pediatric Pulmonologist opportunity with Lehigh Valley Health Network, Healthcare , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!