Certified Medical Assistant - 65 Forward Hazleton
Location: New Tripoli
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant - 65 Forward
HazletonLocation: Hazleton, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Patient
Support, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: Days Work Type: Full
timeDepartment: 65 Forward Clerical Support TeamDate Posted:
05/09/2023Job ID: R-47164Job SummaryProvides direct patient care
and clinical support for physicians and other providers in the
outpatient setting. Functions as an integral member of the health
care team under the direction of the provider. Performs clinical
duties such as preparing patients, collecting and reviewing
pertinent information, performing technical duties, documenting
using the electronic medical record, and supporting a safe
environment for patients. Provides administrative and clerical
support for the clinic/department including patient scheduling,
filing reports, and following up on documentation, phone calls, and
billing inquiries. Graduate of an accredited 1-year certificate or
2-year diploma Medical Assistant program preferred. Certified
Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assist (RMA)
required. Certified by one of the listed governing associations
required: NHA, AMT, AAMA, NAHP, NCCT, AAH, or AMCA.Job Duties
- Obtains and documents, using the rooming tool in the electronic
medical record, the patient's reason for visit, weight, vital
signs, visit screening information, medication review, and
pertinent information for provider.
- Sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases.
- Assists patient as needed to prepare for visit with provider,
takes appropriate measures to assure patient's safety and
- Provides direct patient care as directed by provider based on
competency and needs of clinic, such as performs EKGs, wound
dressings, and functions as support to the provider during minor
surgical procedures and ancillary examinations.
- Administers medications according to policy and procedure after
validation of knowledge and demonstration of competency. May not
administer intravenous medications.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork accurately and efficiently to expedite
- Performs phlebotomy and may assist in specific laboratory
functions relative to the testing, reporting, and quality assurance
of laboratory specimens as educated and overseen by the
- Performs receptionist and clerical duties to support patient
care and functioning of the clinic, including matching and filing
ancillary department reports, consultation and other medical
reports in patients' medical records.
- Documents in the appropriate sections to create a complete and
accurate medical record.
- Uses the electronic medical record and scheduling system as
- Facilitates timely appointments for patients. Completes
referrals and pre-authorizations as needed.
- Collects co-payments.
- Under the direction of the provider and/or site lead, assists
with orientation of new personnel.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as
directed by provider, prioritizes communications to the provider,
responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use
of provider time and timely response to patient needs.
- Reinforces patient education as directed by the provider to
support patient's understanding of instructions.
- May inventory medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals
non-controlled substances only to ensure adequate supply levels,
verify expiration dates, document utilization, optimize
organizational efficiency and space utilization.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage/supply
areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to
meet the needs of the clinic/unit.
- Prepares and cleans instruments.
- Follows protocols for sterilization and disinfection, including
high level disinfection of instruments and equipment.
- Cleans/sets up examination rooms between patients using
established infection prevention protocols.
- Follows hand hygiene and appropriate infection prevention
precautions. Routinely inspects/observes condition and operation of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identifies need for preventive and/or corrective
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety and
quality improvement program.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Travel may be required. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.Position
DetailsGraduate of an accredited 1-year certificate or 2-year
diploma Medical Assistant program preferred. Certified Medical
Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assist (RMA) required.
Certified by one of the listed governing associations required:
NHA, AMT, AAMA, NAHP, NCCT, AAH, or AMCA*** $3,000 Sign-on Bonus
for Qualified Applicants ***
- No on-call, evenings, weekends, or Holidays
- Work hours are rotated - 730-4p or 830a-5pWe're proud to offer
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment -Medical, prescription drug, vision
and dental coverage
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only) Up to
$5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
- Paid parental leave and Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
- Employee referral incentive programEducationGraduate from
Specialty Training Program- (Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1
year-Related work experience (Preferred)Certification(s) and
License(s)Basic Life Support Certification within 6 months -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Medical Assistant - American
Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)Our Purpose & ValuesOUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Allentown , Certified Medical Assistant - 65 Forward Hazleton, Healthcare , New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...