RN- Registered Nurse- Advanced Acute Care Trauma Unit
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Job Title: RN- Registered Nurse- Advanced Acute Care Trauma
UnitLocation: Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Inpatient RN
- Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: Nights
Work Type: Full timeDepartment: GWV Medical-Surgical Nursing
DivisionDate Posted: 08/08/2022Job ID: R-36021Job DutiesBenefits of
working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and--health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
- Employee referral incentive program ----------------------Join
the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger
opportunities, please contact Tiffany Nino at
email@example.com.Hours include: 7p-7:30a; Every other weekend
and holiday requirements.Job Description:
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively
resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.The Registered
Nurse assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing
activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive
responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of
patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction.
Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions.
Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned
nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and
family experience by optimizing all interactions.Position
DetailsGeisinger Wyoming Valley is proud to receive ANCC Magnet
Recognition--, the highest and most prestigious distinction a
health care organization can receive for nursing practice and
quality patient care.--EducationGraduate from Specialty Training
Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Advanced Cardiac Life
Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed
Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic
Life Support Certification - Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose &
ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Allentown , RN- Registered Nurse- Advanced Acute Care Trauma Unit, Healthcare , Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...