RN - Registered Nurse - Regional Float
Location: Beaver Meadows
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Title: RN - Registered Nurse - Regional FloatLocation:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Inpatient RN - Registered
Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: Nights Work Type: Full
timeDepartment: Northeast Region Nursing Float Pool TeamDate
Posted: 08/19/2022Job ID: R-01356Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to
offer an Inpatient RN a hiring incentive up to $23,500 for eligible
candidates! $35.88 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for
experienced individuals and up to $7 shift differentials for
evening, night, and weekend shifts!Job DutiesBenefits of working at
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and--health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Rebecca Miszkiel at email@example.comJob
DescriptionThe registered Nurse assesses, plans, organizes,
performs and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the
patients. Promotes maximum adaptive responses of patient and family
to achieve maximum outcomes. Exhibits compassionate caring during
patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and
interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for
patients in the specified age range of their assigned nursing unit.
Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family
experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to
proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Makes assignments in collaboration with other team
- Directs and alters assignments in response to changes in
- Promotes teamwork by delegating tasks to team members based on
skill, expertise, time availability, acuity, and needs of the
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Supports and participates in initiatives that support the
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.Position
DetailsHours: 7pm - 730am, every other weekend and holiday;$9.00
Regional Float Differential;Will need to travel to all three
facilities in the Northeast;ICU or ED experience required;Must have
a valid driver's license.EducationGraduate from Specialty Training
Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of PennsylvaniaOur Purpose & ValuesOUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Allentown , RN - Registered Nurse - Regional Float, Healthcare , Beaver Meadows, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...