Certified Medical Assistant, Full Time, Day Shift
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: January 24, 2023
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care. The Medical Assistant
participates in data collection, planning, and implementation of
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clinical procedures within scope of practice.
- Follows treatment plan as directed by the Clinical Coordinator,
CRNP and Physicians.
- Extracts data from the medical record and records as
- Transcribes orders, resheets charts, and schedules tests/
- Performs necessary functions to ensure patient comfort and
satisfaction with service.
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality
- Communicates new orders, change in patient's condition, and
unit concerns with unit based team.
- Restocks pharmacy supplies and unit supplies are needed.
- Registers patients and bills for services.
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge of growth and
development, and communication appropriate to the age of the
- Takes action role in QA/QI.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development
through active participation in in-services and/or continuing
- Assists in training new staff and coverage as needed at other
Community Health sites.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stands for up to 10
hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes
at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs.
Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transports
patients weighing up to 250 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or
stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above
shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object
through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal
conversation, and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as
relates to general, near, far, color, and peripheral vision.
High school diploma or GE required. Graduate of an accredited MA
program strongly preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Experience with medical terminology and prior experience working in
a medical office.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a
profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Certified Medical Assistant, Full Time, Day Shift, Healthcare , Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!