Occupational Therapist, Home Health Visits
Company: BAYADA Home Health Care
Posted on: January 23, 2023
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced
Occupational Therapist, OT, for a Full-time opportunity performing
home health visits for our Lehigh Valley Visits office, located in
Allentown, PA. This office services clients on a per visit basis in
territories throughout Lehigh County.
As a home care Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral
member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides
rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them
the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at
Occupational Therapist, OT Responsibilities:
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients' functional status,
including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written
and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of
performance and develop individualized intervention plans to
achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations
resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care
plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care
plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient
representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to
promote the client's health, safety and independent
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and
evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services
provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications:
A current PA Occupational Therapist license.
- Prior home care experience preferred, but not required
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited
jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and
Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school
transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical
records (EMR) preferred.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health
care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and
joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All
employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without
regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or
maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,
military status, or any other similarly protected status in
accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly
encourage applications from people with these identities or who are
members of other marginalized communities.
Keywords: BAYADA Home Health Care, Allentown , Occupational Therapist, Home Health Visits, Healthcare , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!