Registered Nurse (RN)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Inpatient RN Per Diem - SPU/PACU
Location: Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GBH Emergency Medicine & Surgical Services Nursing
Date Posted: 06/16/2022
Job ID: R-33715
Job SummaryAre you a RN looking to join our Geisinger Nursing
Institute? Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nurses to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
The Registered Nurse assesses plans, organizes, performs, and
evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient.
Promotes adaptive responses of patient andfamily to achieve the
highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient
satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse
interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff.
Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their
assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best
patient/family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively
resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- Market leading pay rates
- Up to $7 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Kara Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Allentown , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!