RN - Graduate Nurse (Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre), Up to $21k Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Title: RN - Graduate Nurse (Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre),
Up to $21k Hiring Incentive!
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Human Resources Talent Management Division
Date Posted: 09/09/2022
Job ID: R-37781
Job SummaryAre you a Graduate Nurse or newly licensed Registered
Nurse looking to join our Geisinger Nursing Institute? Through
professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary
collaboration, we've built an innovative culture that allows our
nurses to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage
their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with
The Registered Nurse assesses plans, organizes, performs, and
evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient.
Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the
highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient
satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse
interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff.
Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their
assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best
patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively
resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- Up to $35 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for
- Up to $7 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- Up to $21k Hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups - -
- - - - - - - - - -
- Employee referral incentive programNurse Residency Program
- 12-month program automatically offered to RNs with less than
one year of acute care experience
- Focuses on developing critical thinking skills, leadership,
quality outcomes, and professional role
- Provided with education and resources through professional
development meetings, peer support, dedicated preceptor, mentor,
and moreJoin the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about
Geisinger opportunities, please contact Kayla Boslough at
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Allentown , RN - Graduate Nurse (Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre), Up to $21k Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!