Chief of Rheumatology/ Lehigh Valley Health Network
Company: Lehigh Valley Health Network
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Rheumatology opening in Allentown, Pennsylvania. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
The majority of the Chief's time is spent in outpatient clinical
activities including precepting learners. Rotating inpatient
responsibilities include coverage of Lehigh Valley Hospital
(LVH)-Cedar Crest in Allentown, LVH-Muhlenberg in Bethlehem, PA and
LVH-Hecktown Oaks in Easton PA. Inpatient telemedicine consults are
provided to other Lehigh Valley Hospitals in Pottsville, Hazleton
and East Stroudsburg, PA. Rheumatology providers also spend some
outpatient time at these sites. We have a successful Rheumatology
fellowship program which was established in 2017 and the division
is integral to resident and student Rheumatology training.
- The Chief of Rheumatology position is an exciting opportunity
to join the team as LVHN experiences continued growth through new
- Responsibilities will include an 80/20 split between clinical
and administrative duties, as well as oversight of 11
Rheumatologists and 3 advanced practice clinicians across the
- This position is responsible for the division's clinical
operations, research, and educational mission.
- The mix of clinical responsibilities is approximately 90%
outpatient and 10% inpatient consultations.
- As with all physicians on the team, the Chief participates in
rotating inpatient duties and call responsibility for evening and
- This position is employed by Lehigh Valley Physicians Group
(LVPG), a multispecialty physician enterprise of Lehigh Valley
- The successful candidate will be a Board-Certified
Rheumatologist with at least eight years of experience, a
collaborative mindset, the ability to build relationships across
the clinical and administrative spectrum, a passion for exceptional
patient-centric care, a commitment to quality improvement and
innovation, and a strong strategic focus.
- A valid Pennsylvania medical license, or the ability to obtain
one is required.
- Exceptional clinical and leadership skills.
- Attractive work schedule
- Highly competitive compensation with a superb benefits
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance
- We also offer a signing bonus, retention bonus and a platform
to develop and grow your professional career.
Keyphrases: rheumatologist jobs
Keywords: Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown , Chief of Rheumatology/ Lehigh Valley Health Network, Healthcare , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!