Care Manager Registered Nurse - Community Based Lehigh County
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title: Care Manager Registered Nurse - Community Based
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Geisinger at Home Northeast Region Care Management
Date Posted: 05/27/2021
Job ID: R-13253
Job SummaryThis role qualifies for a Sign On Bonus!This role is to
provide home visits to patients in the Lehigh Valley Area and
specifically Lehigh County. Are you a RN looking to join our team
of Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality
improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an
innovative culture that allows nurses to grow their skillsets,
develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to
build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses
make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day-
our friends, neighbors, and family members.Works with physician and
multidisciplinary team members to develop plan of care for each
assigned patient from admission through discharge. Ensure patient
is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring
patient care through assessments and evaluations. Assess and
respond to patient and family needs by coordinating efforts of
other team members. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder
effective patient care.
- Works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, inter
disciplinary team and others to assess, plan and initiate patient
plan of care.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of the actual discharge to
- Facilitates and coordinates an individualized care coordination
- Serves as a resource to physician and hospital personnel
regarding available agency, facility, and community services to
assist in discharge planning.
- Completes appropriate federal, state and local forms.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and participation in
quality monitoring and improvement by monitoring quality of care
using predetermined criteria, reporting potential risk and quality
management issues identified from medical record review to
appropriate departments through defined processes, and enters data
as requested and appropriate for role, to support quality
improvement initiatives into appropriate system.
- Conducts on-going case review for delays or variances in care;
raises issues with appropriate department, attending physician and
- Captures data per department policy.
- Communicates to appropriate physician identified issues for
resolution and intervention.
- Uses approved medical necessity criteria as a tool to ensure
that patients meet appropriateness of the setting.
- Actively involves payer liaison role in any case that has
potential of not meeting medical necessity guidelines.
- Supports payer liaison role to resolve barriers through
appropriate administrative and medical channels to avoid third
party payer denials.
- Maintains awareness of all concurrent denials through
interaction with payer liaison.
- Works with payer liaison to facilitate timely discharge or
alternative plan of care acceptable to physician, family and
payer.Work is typically performed in a clinical and office
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position DetailsThis position qualifies for a 20K sign on bonus
paid over 2 years. Work Schedule:
- Monday through Friday: Day Shift (Typical hours are
- Rotation of weekends, holidays and on callThis position is
community based and requires travel throughout the Lehigh Valley.
Company car will be provided.To learn more about Geisinger at Home,
please visit: https://www.geisinger.org/athomeWe're proud to offer
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement-
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources GroupsThis
position is community based in the Lehigh Valley. SJTM
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Healthcare Related Degree
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Allentown , Care Manager Registered Nurse - Community Based Lehigh County, Healthcare , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!