Acute Care Physical Therapist - Per Diem
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 22, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.Evaluates, plans and
administers physical therapy treatment programs for referred
patients to restore function, give pain relief and prevent
disability following disease or injury.The intent of this job
description is to provide a summary of the major duties and
responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
inherent in the positionWORK PERFORMED JOB DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs and documents initial patient evaluations thoroughly
and accurately in a timely fashion.
- Establishes realistic, attainable short-term and long-term
goals with each patient.
- Performs therapeutic exercises effectively and
- Implements, and revises as necessary, effective progressive
treatment programs taking evaluative findings into
- Administers therapeutic modalities and programs appropriately
and effectively, including hot/cold pack, ultrasound, massage,
electrical stimulation, whirlpool and wound care.
- Fits assistive, prosthetic and orthotic devices and provides
- Performs appropriate discharge planning, instructs patients and
family member(s) in home programs.
- Documents accurately, in a timely manner, including initial
evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries.
- Provides on-premises supervision of Physical Therapist
Assistants and aides.
- Assists in orienting new staff Physical Therapists.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment
and knowledge of growth and development appropriate to the age of
the patient treated (neonate, pediatric, adolescent or geriatric).
- May supervise P.T. and PTA students and observers as
- Assists in developing and implementing department
- Accurately bills patient's accounts for services rendered.
- Accepts responsibility of scheduling patients.
- Attends multi-disciplinary meetings. .
- Other duties as assigned. WORK SCHEDULE:Must work a minimum of
16 hours per month, including one weekend day (6-8 hours) per month
and one holiday per year. Please complete your application using
your full legal name and -current home address. -Be sure to
-include -employment history for -the past seven (7) years,
including your present employer. - Additionally, you are
-encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history,
education, and/or certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It
is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion
of submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest
in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Acute Care Physical Therapist - Per Diem, Healthcare , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!