Staff Nurse - LPN
Company: Comhar Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At COMHAR, it's our mission to provide health and human services
that empower individuals, families and communities to live
healthier, self-determined lives. COMHAR's Long Term Structured
Residences (LTSR) is designed to provide 24/7 residential and
intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of
psychiatric and health related needs.Responsibilities:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse works from a recovery framework
within the team providing health and wellness care, medication
education, group psycho education, therapeutic interventions
(evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and
trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery
- Provision of assistance to residents who are unable to
self-administer medication. Supervision of self-administered
medication when indicated. Injection of medication when prescribed.
Participation in education of residents regarding their
medications, including assisting residents who are unable to
self-administer medication to become able to do so.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as
- Participation in Quality Improvement Program as assigned.
- Timely reporting of all crises and unusual incidents to Nurse
Manager and LTSR Director (Immediately if indicated; otherwise
within 24 hours). Immediate reporting of psychiatric and medical
crises to Psychiatrist.
- Compliance with all internal and external requirements and
regulations regarding record keeping and recording.
- Observance of Universal Precautions in administering
medications, disposing of needles, and handling waste products,
- Provision of direct service to residents, including assistance
with personal hygiene, bathing/showering and all other tasks of
daily living as needed.
- Leading activities with residents, including educational,
social, and leisure programs for which residents' input is
elicited. Participating in community integration activities as
- Regular and relevant documentation in clinical chart and
utilizes other designated forms.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions as
- Reporting of all non-emergent shift and shift personnel
problems to Nurse Manager and/or LTSR Director in timely and
- In the event of a staff call out, works to secure appropriate
coverage via existing team members or other contracted/approved
temporary staff organizations.
- Compliance with all COMHAR policies and procedures with no
- LPN + at least 2 years MH experience preferred. Skills
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and
work well with people; good, creative problem solving skills;
excellent clinical nursing skills including assessment, knowledge
of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work
independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing
priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer skills
required. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community
based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do
not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present
receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status,
veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Comhar Inc., Allentown , Staff Nurse - LPN, Healthcare , Walnutport, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!