Operations Site Manager
Company: Pelican Products
Posted on: April 18, 2019
The Operations Site Manager is responsible for overseeing service
offerings at designated Pelican BioThermal Service Centers
including the management and execution of contractual agreements.
This includes, but is not limited to; product refurbishment,
repair, kitting, preconditioning, assembly and delivery. The
Operations Site Manager will also interface directly with both
internal and external customers. This position ensures that all
standard operating procedures are being adhered to, staff is
qualified, established goals are accomplished, all safety
policies/procedures/guidelines are being followed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Establish a strong organizational and continuous improvement
culture and team while improving procedures, metrics, and
* Develop and train staff on operating policies and procedures.
* Ensure standards in safety, quality, service and cost are
* Actively promote safety awareness, ensuring the continued
effectiveness of safety programs.
* Develop and manage budget and necessary cost controls; identify
opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
* Perform administrative activities associated with the effective
management of operations and facility.
* Purchase and manage owned inventory; responsible for cycle counts
and inventory accuracy.
* Manage freight and transportation carriers with partners and
customers; oversee Domestic and International Shipments.
* Generate and evaluate monthly KPI dashboard, including compiling,
storing, and retrieving data.
* High attention to detail including proven ability to manage
multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced
* Support sales efforts and interact with customers; support new
client or service offering launches.
* Analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data
and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
* Demonstrated ability to understand the product, our business, and
the competitive landscape.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the
Employee Handbook, AWAIR and/or applicable employment agreement.
Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent specific experience
with a minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain/operations
at a supervisory or manager level.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and
other appropriate software programs.
* Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
* Experience working in a regulated environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
* Experience working with a formal ERP system.
* Actively supports and complies with Pelican BioThermal's
objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with
an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with
employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the
timeframe specified by the Manager.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work
evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle
multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through
rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and
development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct
reports in their performance and professional development, with
final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and
* Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect
Pelican BioThermal's brand and reputation.
* Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for
direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to
* Must be able to travel, up to 15%, nationally and
internationally, as necessary.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Pelican Products, Allentown , Operations Site Manager, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!