Director of Literacy
Company: Allentown City School District
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Administration Center - Allentown, PA Director of Literacy
Salary Range: $105,750 - $148,050
1. An appropriate valid and current Pennsylvania Instructional II and Supervisory and/or Principal Certificate
2. A Master's Degree with Course Work in curriculum and instruction
3. Five years of successful public school teaching experience
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Knowledge of and flexibility in the use of computers and software programs typically used within the classroom
6. A valid and current operator's license for a motor vehicle and have access to an operable vehicle for traveling within and outside the district.
7. Satisfactory work record & criminal/child abuse clearances (Acts 34 and 151)
8. Such additional or alternatives to the above qualifications as the board or superintendent may determine appropriate and acceptable
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Directs, administers, and coordinates the activities of the district in support of policies, goals, and objectives related primarily to communications, legal activities conducted by the district, and government relations in support of the mission, vision, and strategic established by the superintendent and school board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides oversight in the implementation of all literacy curricula, in all curricular areas and interventions, Pre-K through 12
2.Coordinates the development of a District-wide Literacy philosophy and assures complete alignment of all content areas as they relate to Literacy, with the Standards Aligned System (SAS)
3.Coordinates with all departments to ensure that Literacy is fully integrated Pre-K through12
4. Coordinates with Director of Human Resources in screening, interviewing and hiring all staff related to Literacy
5.Responsible for establishing and maintaining District common assessments aligned to literacy curriculum
6. Collaborates with the Director of Professional Development in providing oversight and planning for all professional development of Literacy; including pre-service and in-service workshops and in-service programs at the district and building level
7. Collaborates with appropriate personnel in the development, writing, and implementation of proposals to acquire funding
8. Coordinates the preparation of status reports and presentations to teachers, administrators, district office personnel and the Board of School Directors as they relate to Literacy
9. Provides committee leadership in all Literacy related areas
10. Interfaces with Supervisors of Instruction in organizing classroom learning to focus on comprehension checks, responsive classrooms and higher order thinking skills
11. Collaborates with the Executive Director of Instruction in preparing and monitoring Literacy line items in the curriculum budget and equitably provides resource support 1
12. Maintains a collaborative working relationship with state and local education agencies
13. Participates on higher education, business, and community education advisory committees
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Instruction or the Superintendent
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
Keywords: Allentown City School District, Allentown , Director of Literacy, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
here to apply!