Manager III, Injection Mold Engineering
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Manager III, Injection Mold Engineering
Job ID: 2022-20932
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Allentown Mfg Facility
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Manages engineering activities so that the organization's
buildings, facilities, machinery and equipment operate
- Plans, prioritizes, schedules and manages engineering
activities (for example planned maintenance programs, shutdowns or
emergency repairs) to rectify break downs and malfunctions and
minimize business disruptions.
- Develops and assists with implementing engineering, production,
and maintenance procedures; monitors the cost and effectiveness of
activities to optimize resources, priorities spending and achieve
timeliness, reliability and safety standards.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new maintenance equipment
and tools to enhance the capabilities of the maintenance team.
- Evaluates, selects and manages relationships with external
contractors (for example builders, electricians) to minimize costs
and ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of
- Liaises with functional or operational area managers throughout
the organization (for example in production or branch, store,
facility or plant managers) to coordinate scheduled maintenance
activities with their operations.
- Estimates the cost, time and resources required for
repair/upgrade projects; prepares work orders and monitors the
progress of work against estimates.
- Where applicable plans, directs and monitors preventative and
corrective maintenance and repair activities so that the
organization's electrical system, building management system and
firefighting protection system operate reliably.
- Manage the Injection Mold Design department. Responsibilities
- Directing Mold Design and Plastic Processing Engineers on new
capital mold projects used in the production of plastic, disposable
medical device components.
- Working closely with Project Engineering, OEM Engineering, and
R&D Engineering on all new product development projects and
supporting plastic part design reviews for mold-ability, prototype
and production mold requirements.
- Supporting all Plant Business Unit departments on their
injection mold capacity and mold replacement requirements.
- Supporting the quoting and procurement requirements for new
- Supporting and coordinating the design, manufacturing and
acceptance of the injection molds that are constructed at outside
- Supporting and coordinating the plastics process development
and validation of the new mold construction projects.
- Supporting other Plant facilities on their injection mold
engineering issues as needed.
- Oversee the management of the Sustaining Mold Engineering Group
which supports the molds, equipment and plastics processing for the
injection molding and extrusion processes in the plant.
- Oversee the management of the Injection Mold/ Machine Shop
which supports the production mold maintenance requirements and the
machining requirements for the plant.
- Responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance
management and termination. The job function listed is not
exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned
by the Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Manages activities of a functional area which has at least 2
departments or major functions through managers and/or experienced
employees. Responsible for cost, method, and employee results.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Represents the organization as a prime contact on projects and
departmental operations. Interacts with senior internal and
external personnel on issues often requiring coordination across
organizational lines. Qualifications
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Secrecy and invention
agreement and non-compete agreement, Ability to work non-standard
schedule as needed While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 pounds. Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Visual
Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
environment, Lab environment, Other What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc, Allentown , Manager III, Injection Mold Engineering, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!