Vice President of People and Culture
Company: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Looking to make a difference? We're seeking a leader who'll help
change the lives of our employees and drive our company culture
forward. Job Description The Greater Valley YMCA is accepting
applications for an immediate opening as Vice President of People
and Culture. This individual will be responsible for creating and
shaping a culture of "leading and coaching for excellence." It's an
opportunity to live out your personal why and change the lives of
thousands of employees, residents, and volunteers. Reporting to the
Chief Executive Officer and working in collaboration with the COO
and the Senior Leadership team, the Vice President ("VP") of People
and Culture will be our Human Resources (HR) leader and champion,
responsible for creating a strong culture of leading and coaching
for excellence, through the demonstration of collaboration, mission
above self, and a growth mindset. This individual will be
developing and executing plans and strategies across all
departments and branches of the Greater Valley YMCA ("YMCA")
relating to recruitment, talent management, performance management,
colleague engagement, diversity and inclusion initiatives, training
and staff development, employee communications, volunteerism and
events in close partnership with the Senior Leadership Team., The
VP of People and Culture is expected to build upon our
organization's success, constructing and fulfilling all assigned
financial and operational objectives. Our next VP of People and
Culture must be comfortable inspiring, motivating, communicating,
and influencing at all levels and in many environments. This
individual must operate with the highest levels of integrity,
honesty, and ethics. This position is responsible for building YMCA
leadership competencies amongst all employees and volunteers to
ensure the mission, purpose, image, and core values of the YMCA are
conveyed at all times. Qualifications Bachelor's degree in
business, human resources or equivalent. Ten or more years of
professional leadership experience in human resources preferred.
Knowledge and professional experience in planning and policy,
talent management, selection, compensation, benefits, training and
staff development, employee relations, and performance management.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all
social and economic segments of the community. Current knowledge
and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current
practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human
resources. Proficiency in business and human resources related
computer applications, which may include talent management systems,
time and attendance systems, etc. Senior human resources
certification preferred ( SHRM-SCP or equivalent). Essential
Functions DRIVES CULTURE
- Drives employee experience & engagement, ensuring a high
satisfaction/ sense of belonging .
- Drives employee recruitment, ensuring the organization is
- Drives employee development, ensuring that a stronger team is
grown over time.
- Drives employee communication, ensuring employees feel part of
something bigger. OVERSEES ADMINISTRATION
- Researches, creates, implements, and oversees all HR business
- Oversees bi-monthly payroll and all related tasks and reports
are performed on time and correctly.
- Oversees the GVY compensation and benefit programs.
- Ensures the YMCA remains current with employment laws and
- Ensures all employee records are completed legally, on time,
and are filed.
- Provides guidance, addressing questions and workplace problems.
CONTRIBUTES AS A KEY PART OF THE C-SUITE LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Contributes strategic thinking to drive organizational
- Contributes staffing strategies and implementation plans and
- Contributes with board committees and staff affinity
- Identifies and cultivates candidates for advancement within the
- Performs other duties as assigned. The heart of the position
will be the ability to look past what is and to envision what can
be. Ideas for new systems, procedures, etc. originate from all
C-Suite positions within their respective departments. Therefore, a
high level of self-motivation/innovation/creativity is required to
be successful at this position.
Keywords: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso, Allentown , Vice President of People and Culture, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!