Customer Service Manager
Company: SMOOTH ON INC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary:The role of the Customer Service Manager is to
provide exceptional customer service while promoting excellence,
accuracy, and growth throughout the entire organization. This
includes becoming a subject matter expect in order fulfilment,
customer relations, Smooth-On POS system and working across
departments to ensure customers receive first-class service at all
levels. The Customer Service Manager will motivate and lead direct
reports and coworkers to work toward common corporate goals and
objectives. In this role, we are looking for someone who has proven
leadership experience working with all levels of the organization
and will bring experience in customer service excellence.Essential
- Partner with production team while leading order fulfillment
needs and planning
- Develop and implement customer service standards and procedures
while improving the customer service experience
- Engage customers and facilitate organic growth for both
domestic and international orders
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the Customer Service
Department including international shipments (exports), with
ability to perform all department job duties
- Provide guidance and support for international orders while
overseeing export logistics
- Work with IT Development Team to design and implement ERP
programming enhancements while becoming a subject matter expert in
Smooth-On's ERP and POS systems
- Partner with Reynolds Operations team to service wholly owned
distributors while creating processes to help improve distributor
order fulfillment and purchase order planning
- Continuously follows up with outstanding customer orders and
communicates regularly with shipping department to monitor order
- Learn other customer service tasks to assist in being a backup
person when other team member is out which may include billing,
invoicing, processing ECOMM, Amazon and other online order
- Assumes ownership of customer complaints and recommends
corrective actions to the appropriate division to resolve and
continuously improve customer relations.
- Ability to handle fast paced environment while encouraging
change within the department
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service representatives
and nurture an environment where they can excel through
encouragement and empowerment
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit
while providing direction, motivation and coaching to department
- Work with all employees, customers, and vendors in a civil,
professional, and respectful manner always - verbally, non-verbally
and in writing.
- Work across departments to problem solve and develop and
implement change as needed
- Maintain accurate records and document customer service actions
and discussionsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven working experience as a customer service manager, retail
manager or assistant manager
- Ability to problem solve and able to multi-task.
- Good listening and communication skills
- Have strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a busy team environment.
- Willing to pitch in with regular non-repeating projects.
- Willingness to be reassigned to cover other coworkers'
responsibilities when they are away from the office.
- Must have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
etc.) and knowledge of office equipment.
- Experience with DOT, IATA and IMDG policies and
proceduresExperience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- At least 5 years management experience managing teams.
- Customer service experience
- Transportation and international logistic experience
- ERP Integration experience preferred
- Distribution experience preferred
- Experience within chemical manufacturing preferred
Keywords: SMOOTH ON INC, Allentown , Customer Service Manager, Executive , Macungie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!