PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER
Company: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Air Products is a world-leading Industrial Gases company that
has been in operation for over 75 years. We have multiple product
lines, over 750 production facilities in over 50 countries, and
serve over 30 different industries creating broad opportunities for
growth and development.
-- Our goal is to be the safest, most diverse and most profitable
industrial gas company in the world, providing excellent service to
our customers. To meet that goal, we need and seek out people who
are dedicated and driven to build the future. People with passion
and commitment to get it right and a never-ending desire to
innovate, learn, improve and contribute. Sound like you?
-- In this multi-functional role, you will lead engineering and
design activities of complex capital projects. In addition to
leading a team of assigned Functional Engineers, you will assess
progress and performance against the project's engineering schedule
and handle changes that may impact the scope, budget, or schedule
of a project. Relocation to Allentown, PA is required.
-- You will:
- Develop overall Engineering and Design Execution Strategy and
ensure completion of Functional Execution Strategies by lead
- Provide guidance to the Project Execution Strategy
(Modularization Strategy, Construction Pkg Strategy etc.) and make
strategic decisions that affect the functional engineering areas of
- Be a critical member of the project leadership team along with
the Project Manager and the Project Procurement Manager
- Lead the engineering aspect of project initiation activities
and collaborate with the Project Manager on overall
- Ensure alignment of engineering activities with the Project
Procurement Plan, and the Project Construction Plan.
- Ensure functional understanding of regional scope splits
between FEED and Detailed Engineering Design.
- Facilitate comprehensive engineering designs by ensuring
alignment and collaboration between groups.
- Direct internal and external engineering and design resources
to produce delivery on schedule and on budget, monitoring progress
- Empower the project team to meet critical goals.
- Ensure effective technical coordination with clients or
- Resolve issues arising from resource constraints.
- Lead subordinate Project Engineering Managers on large or
complex projects. Minimum requirements and qualifications
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering. Min. 10 years relevant
professional experience. Consistent track record in the management
of detailed engineering activities of process plants. Ambition to
increase responsibility in this role (e.g. more complex projects)
or other roles in Engineering. Strong organizational, communication
and facilitation skills. Ability to bring team together to achieve
project targets and goals. Good commercial awareness with ability
to manage change. Experience directly coordinating the development
of some or all of the following engineering and design deliverables
- Heat and Material Balance
- Process Flow Diagram
- Materials of Construction Review
- HAZOP & HAZOP Close-Out
- Equipment specifications for Procurement
- Inspection Test Plans
- Plant Design & Model Reviews (30%, 60% and 90% model
- Module Packages and all critical equipment Packages
- Familiarity with the contents of fabrication and construction
- Piling and Foundation Design, Civil Design (Underground
drainage, buildings, road, fencing, etc.), Prefabricated Pipe and
Steel, Mechanical Design (Pipe & Structural steel), Electrical &
Instrument Design, Insulation & Painting, etc. If you are dedicated
and driven to achieve your objectives and company goals, have
passion and commitment to get it right, have a never-ending desire
to learn, improve, and contribute, then come discover, care,
accomplish . . and thrive at Air Products!
-- At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is
essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they
belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products .
-- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid
holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance
and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be
100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of
-- Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their
interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered
for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will
-- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status. 31309BR Employment
Status Full Time Organization Business Sector / Division Global
Engineering Procurement & Quality CI
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Allentown , PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!