SENIOR PROPOSAL MANAGER
Company: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description and Qualifications
We have an immediate need for a highly experienced Process Gases
Sr. Proposal Manager supporting the Process Gases Product Line at
our World Headquarters and Regional Engineering Center in
The incumbent will lead the development of new capital project
opportunities, while meeting or exceeding the commercial
requirements. This includes partnering with the commercial team in
setting sales/pricing strategy, understanding the
market/competitiveness, defining the project execution
strategy/schedule, and managing proposal cost budgets.
The Sr. Proposal Manager leads the development of the project scope
and coordinates with the proposal team to plan and execute the
proposal deliverables. The Sr. Proposal Manager engages the full
engineering team as well as operations, the commercial team, and
all corporate functions to develop opportunities in our Process
Gases technology suite-including gasification, steam-methane
reforming, ammonia synthesis, methanol synthesis, and our green and
blue energy production technologies-for the production and
processing of Hydrogen, Carbon monoxide, Synthesis gas, Helium,
ammonia, methanol, Natural gas, etc. The Sr. Proposal Manager will
develop significant and/or large-scale opportunities including
those that exceed $500+ million, total installed cost.
- Own the bid and proposal work process for significant and/or
large-scale opportunities in the Process Gases technology
- Own the proposal/project development strategy and be
accountable for its implementation.
- Lead multifunctional and global proposal teams and partner with
the commercial organizations to provide with the best value
proposition (capital and total evaluated life cycle cost) necessary
to win and maximize profit consistent with commercial strategy and
- Identify and communicate all key commercial, technical, and
execution issues for proposals.
- Lead the proposal team members and manage stakeholder
communications to ensure preparation of the best Air Products
- Develop an appropriate level of scope definition consistent
with targeted estimate accuracy; recommend value improvements prior
to project approval.
- Provide direct support to review customers' specifications and
proposed contractual terms, discuss Air Products' capabilities with
customers, present proposals, assist in contract negotiations, and
review suppliers' proposals.
- Work directly with customers and partners to determine scope
- Prepare proposals, estimates, and feasibility studies within
the agreed upon constraints of time, effort (cost), and
- Conduct and document estimate risk analyses.
- Communicate issues, status, and summaries to senior
- After winning the business, continue to provide and evaluate
ideas to improve profitability.
- During execution, and in support of the Project Manager,
provide support to define scope, costs, and risks of all changes to
the project baseline.
- Collect and analyze feedback from ongoing projects to obtain
cost and other project performance factors to optimize and improve
the accuracy of future estimates.
- Understand and communicate market forces and competitor
- Comply with applicable Air Products work processes.
- Develop an opportunity team environment that facilitates
creativity, innovation, continued improvement and value
engineering. Specifically, through effective communication and
leadership, creation of a safe and positive work environment,
recognition of team members' contributions, and involvement of the
appropriate team members in decisions.
- Maintain and develop tools needed for functional
- These opportunities are global; 10-25% travel will be required.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Process
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years work experience with experience in
technical proposal development, project development engineering,
and project execution is required
- Candidate is expected to have demonstrated ability to lead
multifunctional and diverse teams
- Experience in related technology field is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, influencing others, taking
ownership of work products, holding others accountable, sharing
expertise, understanding customers, and managing resources To learn
more, visit About--Air--Products .
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid
holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or
are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.--
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Allentown , SENIOR PROPOSAL MANAGER, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!