Memory Care (SHINE program) Director
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes:
Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery
Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group,
and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare
company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning
management group has been developing, building, marketing, and
operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the
United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 65
communities, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized
industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Memory Care Director to
join our community Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley. About the
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound
like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior
Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career
advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for
their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals
with boundless creativity, with career advancement opportunities
not just available, but highly encouraged. Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, develops and leads the overall operation in
the memory care unit in accordance with federal, state and local
- Will become certified in and implement Discovery's SHINE
program, and partner with the Activities Director to ensure a
variety of appropriate activities are available throughout the day
and evening and that Care Managers are actively involved and
engaged with activities
- Designs, schedules and facilitates the memory care unit program
incorporating Life Skills and a variety of dementia appropriate
- Establishes a cooperative relationship with the local
Alzheimer's Association chapter or other Alzheimer's advisory
- Ensures monthly family support group meetings are planned and
- Supervises Care Managers/C.N.A.s in the memory care unit
- Work with Director of Health and Wellness to ensure staffing
requirements are met, including some scheduling, interviewing, and
- Will need to be or become CDP certified and provide
dementia-specific trainings for all staff.-- Requirements:
- One (1) year management in dementia care required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to delegate assignments.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- CDP certification preferred.-- In addition to a rewarding
career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive
benefit package. Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive
benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and
disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team
members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan
with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident
insurance policies. Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior
Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you
are applying for, please contact the community directly. EOE
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Allentown , Memory Care (SHINE program) Director, Executive , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!