Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Planning Engineer, Allentown, PA
12 Month Contract via Kelly Services
*MUST have Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project experience*
- Part of the Regional Planning Team, supporting the Product
Line, Project Execution and Engineering Teams to ensure successful
execution of all (Sale of Gas) and third party (Sale of Equipment)
businesses. Ensuring competitiveness, successful project execution,
productive internal / external interfaces and risk management.
Asset creation work involves developing, bidding, and executing
- Provide project planning services to a broad portfolio of
projects ranging from highly standardized / small scale (assets
values around $0.5mm - $3mm) through to complex and unique
facilities with asset values in the order of $500mm and above.
- Provide guidance and deliver planning execution plans and
schedules per Air Products Standards to suit the project execution
strategy and needs from both and internal and external aspect.
Ensure accurate and timely reporting input to the project and work
within the project applicable procedures and process workflows.
- To fulfill the requirements of the position the incumbent must
develop collaborative working relationships with Global Engineering
and Manufacturing (GEM) team members, along strong business
leadership with all internal functions.
- Motivated to help achieve an industry leading regional project
planning team capable of managing internal/external customer
projects including EPCs, both within the office and construction
- Use Air Products planning IT systems and functional discipline
work processes to provide reliable and consistent reporting to
ensure that we can meet the project, regional/global project
portfolio and business requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product Line and Project Execution team to
develop and deliver competitive project schedules aligned to the
execution scope and strategy during the bid phase through award and
execution, ensuring the growth of Air Products businesses whilst
consistently delivering on project commitments in terms of cost and
- Develop and maintain accurate progress & earned value
measurement systems for engineering, procurement, manufacturing,
construction and commissioning to ensure credible control
throughout the project execution phase.
- Help maintain and improve the capabilities of the regional team
to ensure that we can support the business needs across the broad
portfolio of offerings.
- Provide close collaboration with and support across the other
regional and global teams to ensure effective resource sharing,
lessons learned, best practices and the development of appropriate
work processes and procedures across the global execution
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate caliber engineer.
- Minimum 5 years' project planning experience.
- Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application
of project planning principles, methodologies and tools, supporting
all phases of project execution, particularly around schedule
development, progress measurement/reporting and earned value,
within a large project-oriented EPC or Owner Organization.
- Must have a track record of delivering accurate schedule
information, reporting and guidance to senior management.
- Experience within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing or related
business and equivalent projects a further benefit.
- Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project experience is essential,
including experience using monte carlo and schedule analysis
- Experience within an Oil & Gas/Chemical industry or related
business a further benefit.
Global Project Planning Experience:
- Proven skills and experience of planning of projects on global
basis, executed by multiple engineering offices. Understanding of a
variety of project types, structures and contract terms.
- This includes sale of gas (SOG), third party sale of equipment
(SOE) and joint ventures.
- Potential to travel internationally to other regional
engineering offices as well as domestically to support project /
- Determined, adaptable and resilient. Able to achieve success
under significant pressure, evolving requirements, and conflicting
- Culturally astute. Experience and ability to work with
different cultures associated with multi-region project execution,
and to therefore achieve success with a multi-cultural team.
Experience of Customer and external stakeholder regional cultures,
and ability to achieve success with those cultures
- Relationship network. Established and proven internal
relationships with key individuals in all teams in all regions,
with the ability to build strong relationships to apply leverage to
execute the project.
- Commercial and technical acumen, detailed working knowledge of
project planning tools and systems.
- Proven skills in planning coupled with a working knowledge of
project management, business development and finance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the generic/baseline
schedules for the Air Separation and Process Gas Product Lines
aligned with the generic discipline L4 deliverables list.
- Responsible for supporting the Product Line, Project Execution
and Engineering Teams during the Bid and Award Phases to deliver
and maintain competitive project schedules.
- During Execution, ensuring the Project Planning team produce
weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company
reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals,
forecast and explanation of variances. Ensuring that project
controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote
Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be
legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of
our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully
position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our
Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting
edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world
have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And
engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and
professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or
prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore
opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Allentown , Planning Engineer, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!