Diesel Mechanic - Allentown School District
Company: First Student
Posted on: January 27, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Gas and Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Allentown School District! $25 - $27.25 / hourly wages and
$3,000 sign-on bonus*! First thingsFirst: Who are we? Twice the
size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading
school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every
day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers
than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained
drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student
delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why
join First as a Gas and Diesel Mechanic?
- $25 - $27.25 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Gas and Diesel Mechanic Position As a
Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and
repair Thomas C2 school buses, International School buses, Chevy
Thomas body, Chevy Collins body, Ford transits, and Dodge Caravans
school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety while guiding
lower-level technicians. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Gas and Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 1 - 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason. Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Allentown , Diesel Mechanic - Allentown School District, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!