Sr. Manager, Facilities Engineering
Company: Boston Beer Corporation
Posted on: January 22, 2023
We are currently hiring a Sr. Manager Facilities Engineer in
The Sr. Manager Facilities Engineer is responsible for providing
technical leadership for Boston Beer's Facilities and Utilities
equipment capital program and Construction Management functions.
Multi-site corporate responsibility for production breweries in PA,
OH & DE and the Boston Brewery, Angry Orchard Cider Innovation
Center and other small brewery and Tap Room locations with a focus
on capacity/capability expansion, cost savings, asset lifecycle
replacement, and new technologies and innovations across Facilities
and Utilities machinery. Manage a team of 5-6 direct reports
(project managers, project engineers, third party construction
managers) across sites.
What You'll Brew:
Facilities and Utilities Engineering:
- Interfacing with Engineering management and colleagues, Brewery
management, Supply Chain leadership, and Corporate Finance to
organize and resource the Facilities and Utilities portion of the
annual Capital Plan which services the key Safety, Quality,
Productivity, Cost, Innovation, Capability and Service needs and
goals for the business.
- Providing input into the evaluation and approval of capital
expenditure proposals for the whole of Boston Beer company
Facilities and Utilities operations. Providing input/advocacy on
capital investment and monitoring and driving results to assure
maximum return on capital investments and planned Supply Chain
Facilities and Utilities capabilities.
- Providing expertise on capital projects by leading the
development of specifications for Facilities and Utilities Assets
and Automation. Expertise is maintained continuously and at a high
level via industry benchmarking, ongoing close relationships with
key suppliers and participation in business specific innovation
- Leading the largest and most complex Facilities and Utilities
capital projects from concept to completion and commissioning for
the Boston Beer Company.
- Driving implementation of engineering solutions to complex
operational issues to ensure high percentage of Facilities and
- Managing project installation/construction, start-up,
commissioning, and effective training on technology to brewery
Facilities and Utilities Development:
- Primary technical Facilities and Utilities materials interface
with Brewery Leadership.
- Lead ideation for Facilities and Utilities concepts, completing
proof of principle testing when applicable, resourcing and then
scaling-up the concept through deployment while ensuring technical
rigor and minimizing disruptions to daily brewery
- Identifying, developing, and deploying innovative new
Facilities and Utilities technology, and systems that bring
competitive cost advantage to Boston Beer.
- Serving as the primary conduit between Engineering and the
Corporate Facilities teams and for Facilities and Utilities related
to the capacity and capabilities expansions.
Management and Leadership:
- Leading and developing a team of Project and Facilities and
Utilities Engineers to facilitate from design, through
construction, commissioning, qualification and verification of
Facilities and Utilities focused capital and non-capital projects
by planning, directing and delegating work assignments, approving
purchasing decisions, coordinating scheduling, etc.
- Building and sustaining a culture of employee engagement,
efficient execution, and an environment where individuals and team
can excel and continuously improve.
- Interfacing with brewery management and personnel to provide
hands-on situational troubleshooting expertise as well as
identification, investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of
new and innovative projects, processes, or equipment to achieve
operating cost reductions, capacity expansions, manufacturing
flexibility improvement opportunities, improved product quality,
and governmental compliance with a focus on Facilities and
- Leading the development of new or improved Facilities and
Utilities equipment, processes, structures, designs, and
- Identifying and developing the application of new technologies
which improve company Facilities and Utilities operations and
- Supervising designer/draftsman, and outside consulting
engineers as assigned, managing work scheduling, work quality, and
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly
changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Up to 60% travel if home location not the PA Brewery
- Must practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and
using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor and always work
in a safe manner.
- May require 12-hour days, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to endure on a daily basis, walking, standing,
sitting, kneeling, and crouching.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold
in Production Environment
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- 12+ years combined experience in Facilities and Utilities or
project engineering and development in beverage, food, or CPG
- 3+ years managing professionals and engineers
- Extensive practical experience with:
- Industrial Building Construction and systems, Industrial HVAC
systems, roofing and flooring
- Construction and site use permitting
- Warehouse equipment to include racking, dock doors, shelters,
levelers, trailer restraints
- Site security systems
- Stormwater runoff mitigation and regulation
- Large scale ammonia refrigeration systems, large scale steam
boilers, air compressors
- High flow chilled water distribution
- CO2 collection, storage and truck unloading
- Liquid nitrogen truck unloading, storage, vaporization and
- Water treatment to include filtration, water softening,
degasification, carbon treatment, deaeration, heat transfer and
- Bulk chemical truck unloading, storage and distribution to
include caustic, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid
- Wastewater pH correction, pre-treatment and source
Other operations and major equipment systems in food/beverage of
- Experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment a
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Value engineering expertise
- Demonstrated project/idea development skills
- Solid financial aptitude
- Proven problem solving/conflict resolution skills; be able to
think through issues and arrive at well-thought
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a "get-it-done,
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible,
open-minded, positive approach
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We hire the best
talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan,
401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure
reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's
Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request
accommodation in the job application process can contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Keywords: Boston Beer Corporation, Allentown , Sr. Manager, Facilities Engineering, Engineering , Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!