Project Engineer - Mold Design Engineering
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: September 22, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Project Engineer - Mold Design Engineering
Job ID: 2022-20730
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Allentown Mfg Facility
About B. BraunB. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -.Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary:Provide technical support and project management
skills towards; the design, evaluation, modification and the
procurement of plastic injection molds for B. Braun "production"
and "prototype" requirements. Also may work on gages, fixtures and
miscellaneous devices required to complete the production of a
molded part.Essential Duties for the Mold Engineering position:
- Research, develop and prepare specifications for new injection
mold projects and/or improvements to existing injection molds.
- Support projects by contributing to the development of project
schedules, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting
team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to
- Prepare requests for capital investments including project
description, schedule, and costs under the direction of a
- Prepare mold design concepts, preliminary layouts and mold
- Coordinate mold design and construction of tools built by
- Evaluate detailed mold design concepts for functionality and
- Approve designs and details by vendors and in-house
- Analyze part designs for moldability and make recommendations
to improve concepts.
- Prepare in-house quotations and acquire vendor quotations.
- Assist in debugging the function and cycling of molds prior to
releasing the mold to manufacturing.
- Troubleshooting injection mold problems and resolving the
- Design gages, fixtures, or other miscellaneous devices for
- Interact with other departments such as QE, QC, Product
Engineering, Manufacturing, etc. to validate tooling and
troubleshooting existing products.
- Strong background in mold design concepts and thermal plastics
- Knowledgeable of "hot runner" systems
- Work with SolidWorks and AutoCAD.Responsibilities: Essential
- Assists with the completion of engineering projects. Reviews
project plans, proposals, and objectives.
- Assigns responsibilities and builds schedules based on project
- Designs and conducts tests to determine project
- Determines and stays within budget.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Reports to management on progress. Recommends plan and schedule
changes when necessary.
- Complies with state and federal regulations and ensures a clean
and safe environment.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include
any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of
lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement,
Ability to work non-standard schedule as neededWhile performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to
handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds..
Responsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Visual
Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching
upward and downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
environment, Lab environment, Other
What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Allentown , Project Engineer - Mold Design Engineering, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!