START-UP PROJECT ENGINEER
Company: Air Products
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description and QualificationsAir Products and Chemicals,
Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an
immediate opportunity for a Start-Up & Project Engineer in
Allentown, PA or Remote
Air Products is a world-leading Industrial Gases company having
both process gas applications and gasification technology that has
been in operation for over 75 years. We have multiple product
lines, over 750 production facilities in over 50 countries, and
serve over 30 different industries, creating broad opportunities
for growth and development. And we are growing!
We pride ourselves on being an innovative technology company that
cultivates an environment of collaboration and inclusion. We need
and seek out people who are dedicated and driven to create the
future. People with passion and commitment to get it right and a
never-ending desire to innovate, learn, improve, and contribute.
Sound like you?
The Equipment Sales and Plant Support (ESPS) Business Area is
responsible for the global equipment and after-market services
sales to third party customers and AP joint ventures of industrial
gas equipment and processes. This position is responsible for
providing our customers with assistance in startups,
troubleshooting, maintenance planning, productivity upgrades, plant
assessments, and efficiency upgrades.
- Work with ESPS account managers to maintain strong customer
relationships by providing knowledgeable technical support
- Provide commissioning, startup, and performance test support
either remotely or in the field
- Assist our customers by improving plant operations, maintenance
planning, and development of plant improvement projects.
- Provide engineering support to identify performance gaps, solve
problems, and develop solutions to resolve plant operational
- Provide operations support to maintain safe, efficient, and
reliable plant operations.
- Participate in process safety reviews, P&ID development,
Hazard and Operability reviews, Management of Change, and root
- Be high-reaching and have strong problem-solving skills,
excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide
effective interfaces with cross-functional teams, including AP
engineers, commercial managers, equipment suppliers, and
- Handle and lead our data analytics and process controls
programs with emphasis on Process MD including customer
- Approximately 30% travel expected in this position.This
position involves working with ESPS Global account managers and
their clients, with about 70% of the required support being in the
Americas region. The incumbent will utilize their technical
background to assist our third-party customers in commissioning,
start up, operation, debottlenecking and efficiency optimization of
their facilities. These facilities include Cryogenic and
Non-cryogenic process plants, Hydrocarbon Coldboxes, Hydrogen and
- B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in plant commissioning
- Capability to read and understand P&IDs
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of process
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate problems/opportunities and
drive cost-effective solutions.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork
- Strong organization skills to prioritize workload.At Air
Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential,
inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and
matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays
and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and
retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be
100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.
Req No.34734BREmployment StatusFull TimeOrganizationGlobal Engrg
Mfg Technology & EquipmentBusiness Sector / DivisionEquip Sales
Plant Support & Global Capital ProcurementRegionNorth
Keywords: Air Products, Allentown , START-UP PROJECT ENGINEER, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!