Mold Design Senior Staff Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
B. Braun Medical Inc. - Company - Mold Design Senior Staff
Engineer in Allentown, Pennsylvania - Careers at Allentown Mfg
Facility Skip Branding Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies
to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Mold Design Senior Staff Engineer Job Locations US-PA-Allentown
Requisition ID 2021-19130 Company B. Braun Medical Inc # of
Openings 1 Category Engineering Position Type Regular Full-Time
Shift M-F 8:00am-4:30pm Site Allentown, PA Overview About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain
management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical
products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product
areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy
and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to
eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient,
clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS - . Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com .
Responsibilities Position Summary: Provide technical support and
project management skills towards; the design, evaluation,
modification and the procurement of plastic injection molds for B.
Braun "production" and "prototype" requirements. Also may work on
gages, fixtures and miscellaneous devices required to complete the
production of a molded part. Responsibilities: Essential
- Research, develop and prepare specifications for new injection
mold projects and/or improvements to existing injection molds.
- Support projects by contributing to the development of project
schedules, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting
team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to
- Prepare requests for capital investments including project
description, schedule, and costs under the direction of a
- Prepare mold design concepts, preliminary layouts and mold
- Coordinate mold design and construction of tools built by
- Evaluate detailed mold design concepts for functionality and
- Approve designs and details by vendors and in-house
- Analyze part designs for moldability and make recommendations
to improve concepts.
- Prepare in-house quotations and acquire vendor quotations.
- Assist in debugging the function and cycling of molds prior to
releasing the mold to manufacturing.
- Troubleshooting injection mold problems and resolving the
- Design gages, fixtures, or other miscellaneous devices for
- Interact with other departments such as QE, QC, Product
Engineering, Manufacturing, etc. to validate tooling and
troubleshooting existing products.
- Develops, evaluates and improves - industrial manufacturing
methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and
parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment
capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements,
workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related
costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Communicates manufacturing capabilities, production schedules
or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Confers with vendors in order to determine specifications of
products and arrange equipment, material purchase and parts.
- Evaluates products based on specifications and quality
standards. The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also
include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from
time to time.
It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take
reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other
Limit of Authorization/Authority:
Please refer to the Corporate Guidelines or BBMUS Guidelines or job
specific authorities where applicable. This list is however not
exhaustive and may be amended by the Management from time to time.
Supervision Given and Received:
- Works under general supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning &
checking the work of other peers. Contacts/Cooperation:
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers.
- Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree required
- 06-08 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
experience. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach
with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand
and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected
to: Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally: Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching
upward and downward, Stooping/squatting
- Frequently: Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly: Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing
protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision,
field of vision/peripheral Environmental Conditions:
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Production/manufacturing environment
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Office environment What We Offer B. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its "Sharing Expertise -" initiative, B. Braun promotes
best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products
and services. Notices Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the right job? We can
recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: JobTarget, Allentown , Mold Design Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!