ENGINEER - PRESSURE VESSEL
Company: Air Products
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description and QualificationsThis position will be
responsible for providing pressure systems support of facilities
owned and operated by Air Products in North America. This position
will interface with operations, maintenance, engineering,
metallurgy, and 3rd party engineering firms to address fixed
equipment engineering challenges in our facilities. Travel to the
plant sites and engineering offices will be required (45%+/-), with
most of the travel being in North America. This position is located
in Allentown; however, consideration will also be given to a Baton
Rouge, LA location as an alternative. Examples of specific
activities will include:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Support for fixed equipment
during planned and unplanned outages. This may include preparing
job scope packages and leading the execution during the
- Develop plans and lead repairs and/or alterations to coded
vessels and fixed equipment, indluding boilers, piping, tanks,
exchangers, etc. in accordance with all applicable codes and
standards (ASME, NBIC, API, Jurisdictional requirements).
- Perform engineering design calculations and/or work with the
Global Engineering Organization and 3rd party engineering
contractors to implement design changes to static equipment and
address operating issues.
- Participate in pressure systems failure investigations.
Implement recommendations as required.
- Support existing processes such as the Global Mechanical
Integrity Program and Management of Change process for fixed
- Particular focus of this position will be on providing
technically acceptable solutions that align with the safety and
profitability of the HYCO Americas business. Qualification
- Mechanical Engineering degree (BS) required.
- Experience with design and/or maintenance of vessels, tanks and
- Experience with fixed equipment associated with steam systems
(Boilers, Dearators, convection coils)
- Experience with the design, inspection and repairs of Fixed
Equipment associated with SMR (Steam Methane Reformer) Hyco
- Experience with the design and maintenance of high temperature
insulation and refractory systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of national statutory /
regulatory inspection requirements.
- Knowledge of inspection/test procedures used to assess vessels,
tanks, piping, and heat exchangers.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
clearly and effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Desirable to have ASME / API Pressure Vessel, Piping inspection
and design knowledge.This role is an engineering ladder position.At
Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is
essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they
belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.We offer
a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and
vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement
plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in
your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.Air
Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest;
however, only those applicants who are being considered for an
interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be
contacted.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.Req No.34662BREmployment
StatusFull TimeOrganizationGlobal Industrial GasesBusiness Sector /
DivisionIndustrial Gases AmericasRegionNorth AmericaCountryUnited
Keywords: Air Products, Allentown , ENGINEER - PRESSURE VESSEL, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!