Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Air Products
Posted on: January 15, 2020
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Job Description and QualificationsAir Products and Chemicals, Inc.,
a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate
opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineerat our Corporate
Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Air Products is a world-leading Industrial Gases company having
both Process Gas applications and Gasification Technology and has
been in operation for over 75 years. We have multiple product
lines, over 750 production facilities in over 50 countries, and
serve over 30 different industries, creating broad opportunities
for growth and development. And, we are growing!
We pride ourselves on being an innovative technology company that
cultivates an environment of collaboration and inclusion. We need
and seek out people who are dedicated and driven to create the
future. People with passion and commitment to get it right and a
never-ending desire to innovate, learn, improve and contribute.
Sound like you?
We are seeking a senior mechanical engineer to join the Mechanical
Systems Engineering team to support the design of industrial gas
plants for both Air Products owned facilities and those that are
engineered and constructed for others. You will support
specification of pipe, fittings, manual valves and specialty items
as well as develop material reviews and pressure test
- Develop piping specifications based on specific product and
- Define piping and valve specifications on the Process &
Instrument Diagrams (P&ID).
- Review vendor offering for manual valves and specialty items to
determine technical acceptance.
- Completing system analysis and line sizing for cooling and
utility water systems.
- Define paint and insulation requirements for products and
- Completing design reviews of oxygen piping systems and
determining material capability.
- Develop pressure test guidelines and procedures for project
- Actively collaborate with internal AP teams and external third
parties to meet project commitments, costs, and schedules.
- Occasionally travel internationally to support Air Products'
global engineering teams
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 10 years' experience in Industrial Gases or related
- Strong technical skills in specification the of piping systems
and manual valves
- Strong working knowledge of ASME B31.3 and other relevant
- Experience with ASME B16.34 and other applicable industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and knowledge in material selection for oxygen
piping systems and concepts of flammability
- Ability to travel to other Air Products or EPC offices and
vendor shops. Travel is expected to be up to 10%
- Experience or awareness of Hexagon SmartPlant software tools -
Materials, Reference Data, and P&ID - is a plus
- EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) experience is
If you are dedicated and driven to achieve your objectives and
company goals, have passion and commitment to get it right, have a
never-ending desire to learn, improve, and contribute, then come
discover, care, accomplish . . . and thrive at Air Products!
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid
holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or
are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.Employment Type
North America - Exempt
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
Keywords: Air Products, Allentown , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!