Toddler Assistant Teacher
Company: Greater Valley YMCA
Posted on: January 27, 2023
• Develop and implement clear rules for safety and mutual
respect, age-appropriate discipline methods and a program that
demonstrates knowledge of child development.
• Organize and maintain a clean, safe, structured environment in
which a child can develop as a "Whole", mentally, socially,
emotionally, and physically.
• Communicate regularly with program staff.
• Actively participate with children in all activities and during
• Follow all Department of Human Services (DHS) Regulations.
Organize and maintain and environment to meet regulations.
• Organize, complete and update child observations and
• Meet program objectives as determined by Director.
• Be responsible for clean-up and maintenance of toys, games,
materials, etc. after each activity.
• Respond immediately to correct any areas of concern and/or
• Maintain confidentiality of information provided by parents,
staff or administration.
• Assist in emergency procedures including, but not limited to,
fire, accident illness and facility malfunction.
• Act as a positive role model and maintain a good rapport with the
YMCA staff, parents and children.
RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN INTERACTING WITH CHILDREN:
• Consistently demonstrate positive interaction with all children;
talk to them and reinforce the values of caring, respect, honesty
• Help children to develop a positive self-esteem and sense of
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-6:00PM
Position Requirements: Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Police
Clearance, FBI Clearance and NSOR (National Sex Offender Registry
Clearance) (paid for by the YMCA/must maintain employment for 6
months from hire date), Health Assessment and TB Test and two
written references documenting experience with children.
Keywords: Greater Valley YMCA, Allentown , Toddler Assistant Teacher, Education / Teaching , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!