Assistant Classroom Teacher
Company: Community Services for Children
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Assistant Classroom TeacherPay Rate: $15.00/hour
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 45Community Services for Children is Seeking a
Self-motivated for a rewarding career as an Assistant Teacher. We
are a large, well-established, high performing organization located
in the heart of the Lehigh Valley. Selected as a 2015 Top
Workplace, CSC is a leader in early childhood education. We have a
rich tradition of excellence, and earned the Head Start Program of
Excellence designation, one of only 10 in the nation.Work
Environment:Community Services for Children requires all staff
members provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of
employment. We want to create the safest workplace possible and
protect children and families. This is also necessary in order to
comply with President Biden's mandated vaccination guidance for all
Head Start/Early Head Start programs. Candidates who are selected
for this position will have to meet the COVID-19 vaccination
condition of employment.A $500 monetary incentive will be paid to
newly employed Community Services for Children staff members who
start work after June 1, 2021. The $500 payout will be paid upon
successful completion of probation.Community Services for Children
is offering a onetime $75 COVID-19 vaccination incentive for newly
hired staff members who are able to show proof of receiving the
COVID-19 vaccine. The payout will be paid upon successful
completion of probation.Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the daily care of every child enrolled by following all
program regulations and guidelines.
- Plans with and assists the lead teacher in preparing learning
materials for activities appropriate for preschool age (3 to 5
years of age) children.
- Assist the lead teacher in planning and maintaining a safe,
clean, learning environment, including serving nutritional meals
- Share in the development and implementation of written lesson
plans with the lead teacher.
- Bus monitor activities while accompanying bus drivers during
transportation to ensure the safety of all children.
- Collaborate with parents to ensure a positive educational
experience for each child.
- Perform other duties assigned by Lead Teacher. Job
- GED or High School Diploma and must obtain CDA or AA in Early
Childhood Education within two years of hire.
- Experience working with preschool children.
- Car and valid driver's license.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.Benefits:
- Full Time.
- Choice of two medical plans.
- Choice of two dental plans.
- Paid leave for sick, and personal days.
- Paid holidays.
- Agency sponsored 401k retirement plan.
Keywords: Community Services for Children, Allentown , Assistant Classroom Teacher, Education / Teaching , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!