Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern
Company: Dorney Park
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Overview:Working with us is an opportunity that can pay off for
years to come - with skills, knowledge, experiences and friends
that can last a lifetime! - - - - - - - -A Seasonal job with us can
lead to a successful future. That's because you will:
- Develop resume-building skills to help achieve your career
- Work in a welcoming and diverse environment
- Gain knowledge through training programs and work experienceThe
DEI Champion Intern -will assist with program support services to
the DEI team. This role works closely with Human Resources team
members and department representatives to coordinate education and
awareness events for diversity months utilizing computer programs
and other resources, execute DEI related projects and associate
events, and transfer of knowledge and/or skills to associates
through presentation and interaction. This seasonal, entry-level
position has -endless opportunities for -exposure and experience to
gain in the HR field. -Responsibilities:You'll Make a Difference:
- Interact with our associates and make their day amazing through
- Share your passion for cultivating a diverse work environment
based on company initiatives
- Deliver fast and accurate service
- Contribute to our exceptional track record for safetyMinimum
- Interacts with and assists associates in an outgoing, friendly,
versatile, flexible, and professional manner.
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality of paperwork and
information to ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Effectively communicates with associates when assisting with
any job-related inquiries via phone, mail, e-mail, radio, and in
- Provides administrative and program support to the DEI
- Coordinates associate communications and events based on
company initiatives while working closely with employee resource
- Executes DEI related projects, training, and associate
engagement. This includes creating promotional flyers to advertise
them via all internal channels of communication.
- Provides best practices and resources in alignment with company
- Prepares meeting agendas for DEI team.
- Creates and manages feedback surveys for associate resource
- Performs general office work such as: answering phones, filing,
faxing, copying, scanning -and data entry.
- Understands and follows procedures for scheduling.
- Chaperon associates in company bus trips as needed.
- Enforces associate guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Addresses and/or escalates matters as needed.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.Qualifications:We're Looking
- A genuine interest in cultivating a diverse and inclusive
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun
while having fun at work
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather
- Have an outgoing personality in order to interact with all
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to assist with -transportation needs during day and
night shifts. Position will require a completion of a physical for
a Medical Card (company paid).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
law.Ready to start your future now? Apply Today! - - - - -
Keywords: Dorney Park, Allentown , Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern, Accounting, Auditing , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!