Financial Counselor - Permanent
Company: The Judge Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Location: Cetronia, PA Description: Our client is currently
seeking an Onsite Financial Counselor - Permanent Position Mon -
Fri, 8a-4:30p Summary: Acts as the patient's Sliding Fee Discount
Program Specialist throughout. In doing so, gathers financial
information, informs patients of alternatives for financial
obligation for services and assists indigent parties in obtaining
free or financial assistance based on the sliding fee policy.
- Receives/processes Sliding Fee Discount Program
- Denies, approves, pends applications assigning a reason (if
- Keeps patients informed.
- Documents all applicants in database and all patient accounts
accurately with supporting details.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Federal Poverty
Guidelines published by the Department of Health and Human Services
to identify and determine patient eligibility for the Sliding Fee
- Maintains knowledge of state and federal uninsured and
underinsured programs and changes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HRSA requirements and regulations
regarding the Board approved Sliding Fee Discount Program
- Assists in mechanisms to inform patients of the availability of
the Sliding Fee Discount Program.
- Contacts Medical Assistance Eligibility vendor to confirm
- Connects patients to government insurance resources for which
they may be eligible.
- Receives referrals from all sources identifying self-pay,
indigent, or underinsured patients.
- Meet audit requirements for all Sliding Fee Discount Program
- Applications audited monthly to ensure accuracy and
- Serves as a Sliding Fee Discount Program educational
- Determines patient responsibility on referred accounts.
Determines patient's ability/inability to pay prior to, during or
after services are provided.
- Collects deductibles, copays, deposits as required.
- Initiates payment plans.
- Utilizes effective communication skills in interpersonal
interaction with patients, families, physicians, fellow employees,
vendors and the public.
- Communicates information in a timely, accurate and concise
manner that demonstrates a positive and cooperative attitude.
Keywords: The Judge Group, Allentown , Financial Counselor - Permanent, Accounting, Auditing , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!