Business Controller - Plastics Manufacturing
Company: Advanced Materials & Technology Recruiting
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Title: Controller - Plastics ManufacturingLocation: Greater
Allentown, PA regionThe Chatham Group, a dynamic search firm, is
pleased to search for great candidates that are able and willing to
build & maintain excellence in accounting practices. This is a new
position in a rapidly growing company. This means managing the
current processes and existing staff while improving the business
processes in the midst of an ERP implementation. All of this is
with the goal of maintaining a company culture that is highly
responsive to customer needs and a great family-oriented place to
work. The successful candidate will be one who is capable of taking
the accounting practices to a world class functioning
organization.The Financial Controller is responsible for all areas
relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible
for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and
procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The
Controller supervises the accounting staff and is responsible for
managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and
completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses
tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including
general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit
preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and
verbal.RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting
and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support
overall department goals and objectives of the business.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are
performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Supervise the accounting staff to ensure all financial
reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting
- Responds to inquiries regarding financial results, special
reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the VP Finance to ensure a clean and timely year end
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and
features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts,
absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the
professional development of staff.
- Provide support on special projects and workflow process
improvements.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSEducationBA/BS in Accounting, CPA
preferredTechnical Skills and Prior ExperienceFive to seven years
prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/controlling
area. Must have manufacturing experience.Must be PC proficient and
able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with ERP
systems, as our client has recently migrated to an ERP system from
Quick Books. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel,
Access and Word.
Keywords: Advanced Materials & Technology Recruiting, Allentown , Business Controller - Plastics Manufacturing, Accounting, Auditing , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!